So I have to make a velocity time graph, and I'm given a distance time graph. How the F*ck do i do it?
Velocity is the change in distance over time (ie the slope of your distance-time graph)
Quote by usedillusions
V = D/t

S = D/T

Velocity is speed in one direction only.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3

S = D/T

Velocity is speed in one direction only.

ummm no, velocity is a vector quantity with both direction and magnitude, speed is a scaler with just magnitude, this is why when they talk about max speed of cars or whatever they don't use a direction. and to ts, to get a VT graph from a DT graph use the slope, to do the opposite use area under the curve.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Last edited by greatone_12 at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by greatone_12

ummm no, velocity is a vector quantity with both direction and magnitude, speed is a scaler with just magnitude, this is why when they talk about max speed of cars or whatever they don't use a direction. and to ts, to get a VT graph from a DT graph use the slope, to do the opposite use area under the curve.

ooh I'm just regurgitating what I remember from GCSE physics which looks like what this thread is in aid of.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Okay it goes like this and this is the best version u'll ever find:

Since u want a velocity time graph, remember V = U + ( A x T )
V=final velocity, U=initial velocity, A=acceleration, T=time
So velocity will be the slope, distance will be at the Y-axis and time at the X-axis.

Some points:
We can also do speed=distance/time as speed is velocity in one direction.
Velocity can be + or -
We can find the distance by finding the area of the graph [as said in the picture]

And remember, Wikipedia it if u dont know

Now what do I get for helping you out?
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Is the D/T graph a curved graph, or is the graph a straight line? The velocity is the gradient of the speed time graph