Page 1 of 2
Weeeeeeeee!!! My bday was yesterday and nao I am 16! So, what exactly can I do now at this age in America, Canada, and the UK?
UK : Sex, purchase scratchcards, drive a 50cc bike on the road, move out of your house to your own & get married with parental consent.
Used to be able to smoke but that recently got moved to 18.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Congrats on the turning of 16.

Legal sex
Smoke
Lottery
Peds and 50cc bikes

That's about it I think for the UK.
um, in the US you can now drive a car.

well, not immediately. you have to get a learners permit, then after a certain time period (6 months where i am) you can take your test to get your license.
Commit rape and get away with it. Go, and document your findings for us all to read later. Or watch on the news, depending on how much you indulge in your new priveleges.
Quote by filthandfury
Congrats on the turning of 16.

Legal sex
Smoke
Lottery
Peds and 50cc bikes

That's about it I think for the UK.

You can ride a horse without a helmet on too

We had to learn that in Modern Studies...

EDIT: Also you can't by cigarettes till your 18 so I'm assuming the legal smoking age is the same.

Though someone told me you can smoke from the age of 5 legally, you just can't buy them...
Quote by Yngwi3
UK : Sex, purchase scratchcards, drive a 50cc bike on the road, move out of your house to your own & get married with parental consent.
Used to be able to smoke but that recently got moved to 18.

you have to be 16 to drive 50cc's on road there? poor fellas

We're allowed to drive 125cc's over herre at the same age
You like it
Canada you can drive.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by piraco
in portugal you can now (officialy) be homo!

So what happens to gay 14 year olds in your neck of the woods then? Because if it's forced sex with women then I may be a 14 year old Portugese Homosexual.
you can legally drive in the US with proper paperwork.
You can choose who you want to live with if your parents are divorced.
you are now officially too old to have a 'Barney the dinosaur' birthday party.
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
You can ride a horse without a helmet on too

We had to learn that in Modern Studies...

EDIT: Also you can't by cigarettes till your 18 so I'm assuming the legal smoking age is the same.

Though someone told me you can smoke from the age of 5 legally, you just can't buy them...

FUCKIN' SWEET! I'M GOING HORSERIDING!

Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
Also you can't by cigarettes till your 18 so I'm assuming the legal smoking age is the same.

I know you can't buy them at 16 any more, but you can definately still smoke.
Quote by linus.d

you have to be 16 to drive 50cc's on road there? poor fellas
We're allowed to drive 125cc's over herre at the same age

Nmeh. The more intelligent of us wait a year, save the money that would have been spent on the bike and running costs and spend it on a car

We can (legally) drink when we're 18. We win

Quote by filthandfury
I know you can't buy them at 16 any more, but you can definately still smoke.

What?? That makes no sense. It's illegal to BUY them when you're 16, and it's illegal to buy them FOR someone under 18 so how do they propose it's logical to allow you to smoke when you're 16??
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by aaciseric
So what happens to gay 14 year olds in your neck of the woods then? Because if it's forced sex with women then I may be a 14 year old Portugese Homosexual.

the older guy(girl) is acused of childrape and goes to jail...
Quote by Yngwi3
Nmeh. The more intelligent of us wait a year, save the money that would have been spent on the bike and running costs and spend it on a car

We can (legally) drink when we're 18. We win

and so can we too

and have sex when we're 15

and buy fags when we're 16

who's the winner?
You like it
UK : Lottery Tickets. The most thrilling part of growing up.

Feel free to add me and listen to more hilarious jokes such as the above.
Quote by linus.d
and so can we too

and have sex when we're 15

and buy fags when we're 16

who's the winner?

I thought you had to be 21 in the states? or is that just in some states?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

here in michigan you can legally smoke at 16, but you can't buy tobacco products until you're 18
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Yngwi3
I thought you had to be 21 in the states? or is that just in some states?

ehm...

Well, yeah.... Finland is a state...

You like it
Quote by shredmeiser101
here in michigan you can legally smoke at 16, but you can't buy tobacco products until you're 18

lol

same as drugs here, you can kill yourself with them here, but you can't trade them.
**** you i wanna live in the netherlands. I hate how conservative America is :P
In the US, depending on the state, you can get a drivers license.

Also depending on the state, you can have legal consensual sex. However, seeing as one of the first things you did with your 16-year-old self is post about it in the pit, that doesn't seem too likely.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
in canada you can get a G1 so you can drive during the daytime, and on local roads with a low speed limit if your parents are in the car with you. whoop-de-doo. or get an M1 so you can drive a motorcycle on low speed local roads but nobody has to be with you, which is more fun and cheaper (for insurance, gas, vehicle itself). drink and smoke at 19, move out, buy lottery tickets, drop out of school, get married, buy guns, ride a bicycle without a helmet at 18. sex at 14, though I think that was changed to 16, due to pedobear lurking in the forest tricking 14 year olds into consensual sex.

you can get tried as an adult if you're 16, if the court decides what you did was really bad. that's pretty much it, I wasn't to excited to turn 16, as I dont have any money for a motorcycle.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
UK:
-Have sex
-Get married with parental consent
-Quit school
-Leave home
-Get a job
-Enter the lottery
-Get a tattoo
-Pass for 18 well enough that you can drink illegally
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Sep 5, 2008,
Remember all the little 'side-laws' in the UK too. It is legal to drink under 18, can't remember what age from, aslong as you are having it with a meal and your parents buy it for you or something along them lines. It's also legal to drink under 18 in a beer garden aslong as your parents buy it for you.

Something like that anyway.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
dude, just come to holland, here you can get drugs, tabacco and alcohol when our 16

enjoy
Page 1 of 2