Page 1 of 3
ok everyone, post your music taste and how you would describe yourself.

I will start and after I see a rhythm I will post a poll.

Me: Metal, Trance, Video Game Orchestrated Music.

Personality: Calm, collected, high self esteem, confident, gentle.
I listen to rap, and often go out of a night and commit crime with my uneducated pals from the estate.
Quote by MH_Worshipper
Metal

A complete a.sshole

+1!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Music: Industrial, Electronic, Punk, Alternative, Metal, Experimental/Progressive

Personality: Calm, creative, caring, gently, adventurous, sophisticated, lazy, not very hard working, laid back, likes getting things done though.

e-cookie for 1st serious response??
Rock, classical, hard rock, slow jam, noise, then pretty much a general interest in every genre.

Personality: high self esteem, confident, gentle, serious, not serious, laid back, funny, wise.
Quote by 006schecter
I listen to rap, and often go out of a night and commit crime with my uneducated pals from the estate.
me too!
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
I listen to rap and sacrifice goats, draw pentagrams out of blood on church doors and....

Oh no, my bad
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
I listen to Classic Rock and I drink ungodly amounts of beer and have sex with massive numbers of women.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
THIS WAS MY IDEA I AM ENRAGED

Yeah but srsly i like; rock,metal ,blues , a lil jazz ,a smidge of classical

My personality; clam,laid back, hard working (when i want to be) , out- going , high self esteem
Metal Rock Blues Jazz sometimes, Trance, uplifting trance, Psy Trance, Hardstyle, Dnb, Tunnel Trance, Rock, classic rock, doom metal, deathcore, grindcore, **** too much. im awsome
I listen to Reggae and Ska and I would describe myself as calm, laid back, easy going etc.

So a stoner basically...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Everyone is just glorifying their personality.

"Laid back" - No, you lay in your basement all day.

"Calm" - You haven't done anything exciting since kindergarten

"Gentle" - wtf?

Seriously, nobody has been honest about it yet. I don't know if it is possible to be honest about it, so there's no point in trying. Maybe if there was a survey about personality, then a survey about musical tastes, then you cross referenced the two.
Quote by Sharck
Everyone is just glorifying their personality.

"Gentle" - wtf?

Seriously, nobody has been honest about it yet. I don't know if it is possible to be honest about it, so there's no point in trying. Maybe if there was a survey about personality, then a survey about musical tastes, then you cross referenced the two.

I did say i was lazy... Cuz i am...
But i do like to get things done and completed...
Me: Electronic, 80s rock/pop, industrial, noisecore, breakcore, metal, psytrance, doom, punk, hardcore, drum and bass, rap, dance, chiptune, funk, j-rock/pop, visual kei....

Personality: Stubborn, emotive, creative, thoughtful, low-self esteem, outgoing on occasion, needy, messy (clutter-wise), clean (bacteria-wise).
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Me: Electronic, 80s rock/pop, industrial, noisecore, breakcore, metal, psytrance, doom, punk, hardcore, drum and bass, rap, dance, chiptune, funk, j-rock/pop, visual kei....

Personality: Stubborn, emotive, creative, thoughtful, low-self esteem, outgoing on occasion, needy, messy (clutter-wise), clean (bacteria-wise).

You sound scarily like me!!
Apart from the 80's rock...
Quote by Sharck

Well no... I am in college most of the day and most people have jobs or school.

Quote by Sharck

Read your dictionary.

Quote by Sharck

"Gentle" - wtf?

See second point. Believe it or not, people can fit this description...

Quote by Sharck

Action not words...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
rofl

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT HOW MANY GENRES OF MUSIC I LISTEN TO LOOK AT THIS EVEN THOUGH I LISTEN TO LIKE 3 BANDS FROM EACH AT THE VERY MOST LOL
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
rofl

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT HOW MANY GENRES OF MUSIC I LISTEN TO LOOK AT THIS EVEN THOUGH I LISTEN TO LIKE 3 BANDS FROM EACH AT THE VERY MOST LOL

I'll bet monies that you are a Metalhead...
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
rofl

I don't want to look at you, do I have to? He asked a question, we answered it. Stop flaming.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by af_the_fragile
You sound scarily like me!!
Apart from the 80's rock...

Can't go wrong with the 80s rock!

Hm I'm also fairly greedy. Ooops.
I dislike sharing sometimes, but with people with poor hygiene....

Quote by Dirtydeeds468
rofl

Erm..... maybe they only like a few things from that genre? That's not a bad thing. I'm not a fan of 60s/70s rock but I enjoy a little, I still listen to it technically.

Ehh *shrugs* then again I didn't list it. Bleh bleh.

Moving swiftly on... >__>
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by af_the_fragile
Music: Industrial, Electronic, Punk, Alternative, Metal, Experimental/Progressive

Personality: Calm, creative, caring, gently, adventurous, sophisticated, lazy, not very hard working, laid back, likes getting things done though.

e-cookie for 1st serious response??

No, I was the first serious response. I truly am an a.sshole.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Erm..... maybe they only like a few things from that genre? That's not a bad thing.

no kidding? but my point is that it's pretty ridiculous to name-drop musical genres you listen to when in reality your experience with the genres is...limited.

I'll bet monies that you are a Metalhead...

last.fm in my signature
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Most types of Metal and some Rock

calm, lazy and a bit of a tosser sometimes
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by I Be Andyy
I don't want to look at you, do I have to? She asked a question, we answered it. Stop flaming.

*fixed*

Anyway:

Genre: Mainly punk, but also ska and some modern rock

Personality: Not particularly outgoing, shy with people I don't know, don't talk much in big groups but talk quite a bit in small groups, and I rarely leave my room if I can avoid it, however, I like to think that I'm also kind.

In other words, someone who won't get laid until a lot later in life
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Genres: Rock, surf, hardcore-punk, blues, garage, psychedelic

Personality: Quiet around people I don't know well, very opinionated, creative and intolerant, but quite sensitive.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
rofl

I listen to:

Industrial - NIN, Fear Factory, MSI (sorta industrial), Marilyn Manson, Orgy, ATR
Electronic - BT, UNKLE, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Frou Frou, ModWheelMood, Portishead, Holden, and many many more...
Alternative/Indie - Placebo, Radiohead, TV on the Radio, Incubus, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Papa Roach (i think they fit here or in punk)
Punk - Rise Against, Thrice, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Rage Against the Machine (if it can count here)
Hip-Hop/RnB - Saul Williams and well, i love him but i just listen to whats on the radio, Rhianna n stuff like that.
Folk/Surf Rock - Slackstring, The Beautiful Girls, Dick Dale, The Ventures
Classic Rock - The Doors, Led Zeppelin about it actually...
Metal - Lamb of God, Mesuggah, Textures, Opeth, ISIS, Tool, slipknot (nu, i know!)
Pop - Christina Aguilera, Enrique Iglesias, Imogen Heap, Justin Timberlake. I can't stand much more... Leona Lewis is not bad though...
Classical: Rachmaninov, Chopain, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Ludovico Enaudi.

So you see, i do listen to a very wide range of music.
me: alternative, indie, underground music
personality: artsy, weird, slightly awkward to be around, spacey
Classic rock, modern rock, metal, electronica

Pretty relaxed and I try to be as nice as possible to everyone.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
no kidding? but my point is that it's pretty ridiculous to name-drop musical genres you listen to when in reality your experience with the genres is...limited.

Maybe.

What if you love the genre and concepts of such sound but find it difficult to find musicians within said genre because it's bloody difficult? Surely that counts for something? ^__^;;
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Maybe.

What if you love the genre and concepts of such sound but find it difficult to find musicians within said genre because it's bloody difficult? Surely that counts for something? ^__^;;

no...no, it doesn't. while there ARE some genres of music that aren't shared that much on the internet (jazz and subgenres) most of the genres you listed are shared pretty heavily on the internets.

but that would be a shitty excuse anyway.

but what do i know?

^____________^ ^___^ ^___^ kawiiiiiiiiiii
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Electronica, alternative rock, anything progressive, and all the metal subgenres.

My personality varies greatly based on who I am around. I'd say I'm pretty outgoing and happy, though.

Quote by IDread
I listen to Reggae and Ska and I would describe myself as calm, laid back, easy going etc.

So a stoner basically...

Isn't it a bit degrading to openly try to fit a sterotype that hard? I mean no offense, but you seem to wear that as a badge on everything you can.

Also, I am not looking down on drug users. I could have been in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas at one point, myself. I just think it's weird when everything somebody shows is either a direct or indirect tribute to the whole stoner subculture. (Granted I'm honestly not talking about you that much, there are people that are a lot worse. If you aren't obnoxious as shit in real life about smoking, then ignore this post.)
Last edited by garden of grey at Sep 5, 2008,
Alternative, punk, indie, 80s rap and hip hop, some metal and good emo (yes, it exists)

Personality: Angry, wierd, hyper, lazy, creative, obsessed with blowing sh*t up.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Page 1 of 3