Ok so I need to get the strings changed on my RG, but im also getting fret buzz on the low e string when I shouldnt be. The individual notes are fine but when I make chords it gives me buzz when it didnt before. Is this just caused by the fact that the strings are old or do I need a setup as well? I just wanted to know as I am taking it in to the music store on monday to at least get new strings.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
string gauge? Tuning?
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w
how bad of a fretbuzz? Could just be the strings, depending on how old they are. But maybe your strings don't fit your tuning.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
To answer all questions asked I use heavy gauge strings and play im playing in drop b at the moment, the fret buzz is pretty bad like no matter how I play it I get it
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Fret buzz is nice when you can't hear it through the amp. . . . no floyd rose trem on it? drop B is a bit low, when's the last time you had the action adjusted?
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
ummm well I just bought the guitar from a friend so its been awhile since strings have been changed or the actions been adjusted, but yes it does have a floyd on it
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Then, my suggestion, if the fret buzz doesn't sound out through the amp or annoy you that badly, let it go, don't worry about it, my guitars get fret buzz but along with fret buzz sometimes comes easier playability. If it does annoy you, take it to a guitar center or something and have them check it out. Usually set up changes for your action will run you about 30 dollars or so. . . . and they'll adjust to your liking. I learned by trial and error just don't ruin your guitar in the process. . . It could be something to do with your tension on the floyd rose tremolo though. . . Hence, why I have such a strong hatred for floyd roses.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.

The thing under the nut on most guitars, the little flap, where it has an allen wrench screw setting where you can tighten or loosen to adjust the tension on the neck to where it bows inwards or outwards. . ?
Quote by paranoid joker