Anyone else heard of these things? I just found out what they are, and they seem damn cool. They're like ultra small laptops and they're really cheap and they have lots of features, usually the same as a full laptop (depending on which one you get). but yeah, I think they're gonna be extremely popular and all the little kiddies will be getting them. Here are some examples of "netbooks". Discuss?

Ps-I apologise if this thread has been done before or if these netbooks have been available for ages, I only just found out about them
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Tempted to get one for uni purposes. Just what I need, I don't want anything flashy.
I'm thinking of getting one of these - be handy for when I'm in the labs. I'm tired of lugging around a 15" laptop.

One of my friends got one the other day and says it's easy enough to get used to a small keyboard.
Reckon I'd probably whack what I have from my log of a desktop onto an external hard drive and just use that for music and so on. Could work out nicely...
Its a shame wireless networks are so damn expensive, especially the 3G plug in modems

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Anyone else heard of these things? I just found out what they are, and they seem damn cool. They're like ultra small laptops and they're really cheap and they have lots of features, usually the same as a full laptop (depending on which one you get). but yeah, I think they're gonna be extremely popular and all the little kiddies will be getting them. Here are some examples of "netbooks". Discuss?

Ps-I apologise if this thread has been done before or if these netbooks have been available for ages, I only just found out about them

There cool, but from what i gather here in the states you have to purchase a sort of plan like when you buying a cell phone.

but im not sure.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by freedoms_stain
I like the idea of one of these, just don't think I need it except for maybe surfing on the crapper.

Is there a greater pleasure in life?
dude 8.9 inches? that's tiny. Mine's 19.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
That is pretty cheap.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
kind of cool actually 400 bucks for a small laptop that surfs the net aint bad, it beats the hell out of the iphone
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by humperdunk
dude 8.9 inches? that's tiny. Mine's 19.

Surely I am not the only person who found this post hilarious?

Pics or it didn't happen
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Surely I am not the only person who found this post hilarious?

Pics or it didn't happen

I can't fit the whole thing in the picture though
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic