Page 1 of 2
dannay
Banned
486 IQ
So, hXc p0nx, I'm going to see the Misfits (opening for Motorhead) in a couple of weeks, and I had a question for anyone who's seen the Misfits recently.

What kind of setlist can I expect from the Misfits? Are they gonna play their classic, Danzig-era stuff or their newer material? Also, is Jerry Only as bad as everyone says he is live?
chuckles_34
UG Cretin #1
371 IQ
They play everything from every era. Jerry's... ok. If you like the material then it probably wont matter much.
chrismetal86
PMA!
279 IQ
Ya my friend saw them last halloween, he said they play everything, even some stuff from Project 1950
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
break-me-in
can rhyme with purple.
979 IQ
As long as you like their new (ish) vocalist (Michael Graves?), you'll be ok. Although I have Evilive and it's the shittiest thing I've ever heard in my entire life, so I wouldn't ever see them live. Post here after you've gone, let us know how it goes.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
chrismetal86
PMA!
279 IQ
Quote by break-me-in
As long as you like their new (ish) vocalist (Michael Graves?), you'll be ok. Although I have Evilive and it's the shittiest thing I've ever heard in my entire life, so I wouldn't ever see them live. Post here after you've gone, let us know how it goes.

Where have you been these past 8 years? Mike left in Oct 2000 and Jerry took over vocals.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Storer
UG's MG Lover
225 IQ
I saw them last year and they are still good. They play all eras.
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
dannay
Banned
486 IQ
Thanks guys, good to know. I'll report back September 17th.
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
I have a Misfits-related question, also... how do they keep getting gigs?

Those Dumb Punk Kids (Will Buy Anything)
RiotRiotUpstart
UG's jock punk
256 IQ
I saw them last October. I'm not one of those ultra p0nx who hates the Misfits now I guess.

As for the set list, they play everything.

neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
Isn't there a Misfits-related thread already for Misfits-related questions?
recklessnick
Almost Wasted
4,633 IQ
they wont play anything from the danzig-era because jerry is all christian now and dont wanna play songs about killing people and stuff. they suck now so dont expect much. still dont be hating on the misfits for a show you've seen them recently. because, remember, they are legends and shaped punk and hardcore today
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Yeah we should have an only Misfits thread, we get way too many threads.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
People should start to search and use it more, it seems like a new Misfits thread pops up every two days.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
break-me-in
can rhyme with purple.
979 IQ
Quote by chrismetal86
Where have you been these past 8 years? Mike left in Oct 2000 and Jerry took over vocals.

I haven't been interested in any Misfits post-Danzig, especially since they made themselves into more a brand name than a band.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
I have a Misfits-related question, also... how do they keep getting gigs?

+1

from the recordings ive heard, they havent sounded good live since danzig left.

I guess they still get gigs because people either dont know how bad they are live, they are a hardcore fan and go even though they know its shit, or its a 12 year old who just bought a misfits t shirt in hot topic 3 weeks ago.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
RiotRiotUpstart
UG's jock punk
256 IQ
Or maybe because people still enjoy their music and they still put on an entertaining stage show? Nah, it can't be that.

werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
The Newfits aren't that bad. They're certainly different, but American Psycho is pretty catchy(the album, not just the song... or the movie).
777Corey
151 IQ
youd be better off hoping you catch a danzig show where he plays some misfits or samhain i hate jerry taking the helm, i didnt mind graves too much, but no one is danzig. jerry uses it as a way to make money, for the most part, he never wrote anything. and his voice is awful. and both times ive seen them with jerry, he paused the set to tal about football. lame. but to his defense he really does try to get personal with all the fans that stick around. and if you dont look at the stage and just go wild with the rest of the crowd its good times. youll have more fun seeing motorhead.
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
Quote by recklessnick
they wont play anything from the danzig-era because jerry is all christian now and dont wanna play songs about killing people and stuff. they suck now so dont expect much. still dont be hating on the misfits for a show you've seen them recently. because, remember, they are legends and shaped punk and hardcore today

funny i went to fiend fest in 06 and they were with u.k. subs and the addicts. they played the show with all danzig era except four graves era and a few black flag covers. edit:they play all covers.

but to thread starter: honestly i love the misfits music and it was a fun show but jerry plays everything 500000000000000000X faster than they should ever be played because he cant do the vocals. if you go not expecting much of anything your probably gonna like it.
mbbmalcolm
24 IQ
^ I would definetly pay that much to see the Stooges. The most Ive spent is $30 when I saw the Butthole Surfers. I wouldn't pay anything to see the new Misfits, though, I didn't even like them all that much with danzig, and without him theyre nothing.
Swap-Meet
Up da p0nx
2,995 IQ
Quote by misfits4eva666
motorhead is WAY better than the NEW misfits because jerry only sucks i mean the michale graves era was personally my favorite but danzig was BADASS so i think u should totally sell the tickets if ur just going to c the misfits and not motorhead

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/wearethefiendclub/

what?
I don't think Motorhead is playing with the misfits :/

I'm going to see The Brains (opening for Misfits) and I like the misfits, and I really wanna see if they're as bad live as everyone says, but if the tickets are 40$ or something dumb like that I won't go..
Cory Smash
love sucks ass
608 IQ
(Invalid img)
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
Quote by misfits4eva666
Hey guys umm im going to a michale graves concert with an opening band the JIMMY-HATS (its a local band) ok its been quite a while since i even THOUGHT OF MICHALE GRAVES SOLO. Is there much misfits influence in his music?

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/wearethefiendclub/

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....THE JIMMY HATS
http://www.myspace.com/thejimmyhatsmusic

Its basicallya fusion between new Misfits and Type O Negative lol

Just really dark Hard Rock/Metal with some punk influence
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god