i'm not sure if this counts as a vs. thread or if it should go in the gaming thread, if it's either of these let me know and i'll delete/ask in the thread

i've decided that i want a games console for my bedroom soley for when i'm bored of the internet and my parents are downstairs in the living room so i can't play on the xbox 360 downstairs. which one would you guys says has the better variety of games?
i don't relaly want to be buying a PS3 or 360 because we've already got a 360 downstairs and i can't afford to be buying a next-gen console atm. i'm aware that both are farely equal apart for the exclusives but i'd just like some outside opinions.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
xbox: Halo 2 online, .... I never had an original xbox
PS2: Guitar Hero, Shadow of the Colosus, DBZ Budokai
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Ps2.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Ps2 man, there is a reason it's achieved the success it did. Check out Shadow of the Collosus and God of War to start.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
get an n64!
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Ps2 if you are into rpgs and xbox if you are into fps

Personally id go with the xbox. I had way more fun with it than i ever did with my ps2.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Literally zero original titles I wanted on the xbox.

For me the PS2 wiped its arse with all of its competition.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
get an n64!

I second this notion

Funnily enough, I came into this thread just to say N64
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
i have both and i like both. i would have a hard time choosing between the two. so here's some advice.

xbox is better as far as fps goes. ps2 hardly has a good list of fps.

ps2 has a lot more of the rpgs or adventure style games.

ps2 and xbox are pretty equal when it comes to sports or racing games, there aren't very many exclusives, though i prefer xbox for these because you can use the music from your library.

xbox also has better online play, though i doubt anyone really uses it anymore.

the choice is yours.
i think i've come to the conclusion that my choice is between Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo (PS2) or Forza and Halo 1&2.

i hate these decisions, i think i might have to go for the ps2.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I'd be veeeery suprised if any of the few people who got their PS2 online still play anything on it >_>

Wrong. I have a ps2 AND an xbox 360 and i still go online to play SOCOM: Combined Assault on my ps2 and there are literally thousands of others who play it. too bad i dont got a ps3 for the new socom

Seriously TS get a ps2 get socom and play it online. also check out the Jak and Daxter series too. the jak and daxter series is on of the best series ever.
Quote by PrimalScreamer
also check out the Jak and Daxter series too. the jak and daxter series is on of the best series ever.

also, the xbox isn't sold in stores anymore, whereas the PS2 is, and cheap as hell too

and the PS2 has MGS2 and 3
yeha i think i'm pretty much sold on going for the ps2, the thought of playing FFXII and the MGS series is enough to make me cream.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer