So, latley i've been looking into getting an ESP Eclipse II, more specifically, in snow white. And i would like some info on it, like how is the neck?, are they really that sexy in person, are the frets put on well from the factory? ect, any info would be apreciated

And for those of you who dont know what im talking about

I have it in Black Cherry, and its by far my favorite guitar. Its not as heavy as Gibson LP or nearly as expensive. It has killer tone and sustain. The PU's scream...then again all EMG's do. The neck is slim and fast. I hope you play rock or metal, suffice to say this guitar was engineered with heavy, loud music in mind. The only complaint...I'm used to playing Gibsons, Fenders, and Schecters...with the Eclipse I feel that the strings are closer together than other guitars. Once you play it for a few you get used to it though. You wont regret this guitar.
Gibson SG
Schecter CSH-1 w/Gibson Dirty Fingers Pickup
ESP LTD EC1000
Fender Strat
Marshall JCM2000 TSL100
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
If you like it, buy it. I've played some ESP's (yes I've tried the Eclipce) and I don't like 'em. They look extremly sexy, but I don't like playing 'em.
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
Only thing i don't like is the binding, especially on the neck. Crap looks reTARDED!

But, if you're on a budget, i'd recommend an LTD EC-1000... they're just as good.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
Only thing i don't like is the binding, especially on the neck. Crap looks reTARDED!

But, if you're on a budget, i'd recommend an LTD EC-1000... they're just as good.

this and BTW the model ur lookin at it the exact same as the model below it ( EC 400 i think) but with a shit load of binding so ur payin like $200 somoin more for somin purelly ascetic (? had a brain fart think thats the right word)

EDIT: o wow ur lookin at THE ESP model thought u were lookin the LTD well then i would assum my comment still works
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Everyone and their grandmother has the Eclipse in snow white.

I myself am a Vintage Black man.

On topic, yes, they are pretty damned sexy. The neck isn't overly thick, but it's very thin either. The guitar is very light, and has a thinner body than most LP shapes. Very worth it, I'm gonna be selling my Elitist some time when I save up a bit more cash to buy one.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by TheBax

That neck binding is one of the sexiest parts of this guitar for me
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
Quote by Killedelphia19
So, latley i've been looking into getting an ESP Eclipse II, more specifically, in snow white. And i would like some info on it, like how is the neck?, are they really that sexy in person, are the frets put on well from the factory? ect, any info would be apreciated

And for those of you who dont know what im talking about

Cool. I like this finish:

They are great guitars. The neck isnt thick, yet it isnt too thin, so its extremely comfortable. It's also much more comfortable to play sitting down compared to a Les Paul because it has a huge contour on the back for your body, and it isnt as heavy as a Les Paul, but still definitely has that big sound to it. but EMGs = fail.
Wow, it seems like everyone is comparing the ESP to the LTD... Ugh, they are no comparison people. I've played both, side by side, and the ESP is better in every way. The ESP is handmade in the ESP custom shop, while the EC-1000 is made on a factory line in korea... Hmm, I wonder which will be better?

Second the Eclipse II doesn't have the obnoxious amount of binding.

On topic though, the neck isn't too thick, but it's not wizard II neck thin. A bit thicker than the wizard II. Pretty comfortable to play in my hands. Locking tuners/bridge/TOM really help tuning stability. The EMG's absolutely scream, and the sustain literally blew my mind. IMO they're much more comfortable than an LP as they're a lot lighter, and they may not the get "LP" tone, but you get a really damn thick tone for how light that thing is. Every detail is perfect on all three I've played (I like the SW and AW the best, not much of a vintage black guy ) and the frets are great.

Overall, the guitar is totally worth it, but some people will love it and some will hate it, bottom line is if at all possible try before you buy, if not, decide if you like it or not fast so you can return it!

... Or sell it to me for $500

EDIT:::

Quote by TheBax

That's your opinion.

Are you kidding me? I'd lay down my guitar fund you haven't played the ESP if you think that.

Just wow...

TC, if you want a great guitar, get the ESP, if you want something that's so-so, get the LTD, but as soon as you play the ESP you'll realize it's worth it's weight in gold and wish you would've held off for it.
Last edited by edusty2010 at Sep 6, 2008,
I have the FM from 2007 ( Regular Eclipse-II but with Seymour Duncans) the neck is fine, not very thin, but far away from Gibson, and the guitar is very lightweight.
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
Quote by steel337
They are great guitars. The neck isnt thick, yet it isnt too thin, so its extremely comfortable. It's also much more comfortable to play sitting down compared to a Les Paul because it has a huge contour on the back for your body, and it isnt as heavy as a Les Paul, but still definitely has that big sound to it. but EMGs = fail.

nahhhh emg doesnt fail they may fail for your style
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
Quote by steel337

When i first saw it, it was like BUY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! right in my face so i think i might saveup

But yes Very sexy guitar