can someone recommend me some resonator guitar albums, preferably like the kinda stuff myles kennedy from alter bridge uses his resonator for...

or bluesey kinda stuff, but maybe not really like robert johnson

also if theyre available on play.com that would be awesome!

thanks guys,

p.s sorry if this is the wrong forum, im uselesss
If it's blues you want it's fine, but I don't listen to much modern music and have no idea who Alter Bridge are, if it's something different look somewhere else.

Blues

Son House (anything you can find, it's all great. Drop me message and I'll set you up with a live recording session by Alan Lomax).
Blind Boy Fuller (incredible piedmont/rag time player).
Booker White was an incredible player, and an expert of Crossnote.
Tampa Red
Duane Allman
Rory Gallagher
Johnny Winter
Perhaps the best resonator player (imo, don't let me decide for you) technically (and if you want it mixed into different types of music) is Keb' Mo'.
Keb' Mo' is really good, love his stuff, guitar and lyrics...I love Muddy Water, it's dirty but it feels allright! You should check him out,no doubt.
There's no night out in the jail !

Last.fm --> mas0nic
Eric Sardinas is amazing. If you haven't checked him out you owe it to yourself to :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pIN88sDMjZA

All his albums are great, but a great place to start would be his new album, 'Eric Sardinas and Big Motor'. Excellent electric resonator guitar.
Last edited by Nightwatcher at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by ze monsta
If it's blues you want it's fine, but I don't listen to much modern music and have no idea who Alter Bridge are, if it's something different look somewhere else.

Blues

Son House (anything you can find, it's all great. Drop me message and I'll set you up with a live recording session by Alan Lomax).
Blind Boy Fuller (incredible piedmont/rag time player).
Booker White was an incredible player, and an expert of Crossnote.
Tampa Red
Duane Allman
Rory Gallagher
Johnny Winter
Perhaps the best resonator player (imo, don't let me decide for you) technically (and if you want it mixed into different types of music) is Keb' Mo'.

This list is great.

But Son House is the best, IMO.

If you want a good slide player, with modern sensibilities and older rawness, try Ben Harper.