A while ago i saw in a guitar center magazine the pedal that Kill Switch Engage used as a boost pedal. It was an overdrive pedal not a distortion pedal. But what i want to know is a FULL Kill Switch setup. Amp EQ settings, pedals, etc. Any input on what the OD pedal is though would be the MOST appreciated. thanks!!! =]
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Dutkiewicz uses Caparison PLM-3 guitars, a discontinued model, with EMG pickups (85 in the bridge, two SA single coils in the middle and neck positions) and DR Tite-Fit .012-.052 strings. He is quoted as saying that he likes the guitars because they have a very "strat-like neck." His purple Caparison is decorated with the words "Boner Chub," as well as a phallic image. Before using a Caparison guitar he used a Fender Stratocaster with a Twin blade humbucker that replaced the single coil on the bridge.[citation needed] Lately, in recent 2008 shows, he has been using black Parker Guitars with an EMG 85 in the bridge and an EMG 81 in the neck position. Atop this, he has been seen with a custom Caparison modeled after the Dellinger model prior to using Parkers; he is, however still endorsed by Caparison.

For pedals, he has been known to use Maxon AD9 Delay and Maxon OD808 Overdrive units, and he and fellow guitarist Stroetzel have also both been credited with helping develop the Maxon OD9 Pro+ Overdrive pedal. He runs the delay pedal in the loop of his amplifiers, while he runs an overdrive pedal in the loop of a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor.

Amp-wise, he has used a variety of amps live, including Hughes and Kettner Triamps, Bogner, Peavey 5150's, Framus Cobras, Mesa Boogie Triple-Rectifiers and Roadsters, with Mesa and Hughes & Kettner 4x12 Cabinets, loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s. He also uses a Sennheiser EW100 Wireless Unit, as well as Samson Powerbrite Pro, a Korg DTR-2000 Rack Tuner, and a Hughes & Kettner Triamp Footswitch. [4] His former rig was featured in the Guitar World, Vulgar Display of Power column [1].

For recording "The End of Heartache", both he and Joel used a combination of a Framus Dragon running into a Mesa 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's, and a Peavey 5150 running into a VHT 4x12 cabinet with P50E speakers. However, on the track "Rose of Sharyn", both guitarists substituted a Framus Cobra in place of the Dragon, but it is not specified if they used the matching Greenback-loaded Cobra cab instead.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

EDIT: and if you're after Joel's rig: http://www.digitalburn.org/joel-stroetzel-killswitch-engage-guitar-rig/

Wiki is your friend.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Last edited by dancesisidance at Sep 5, 2008,
well after that post this thread is pretty much done haha
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
sweet, thanks guys. Right now im running an Ibanez AF-75 through a Digitech Badmonkey OD and a Boss Metal Zone into a Fender Champ. I get a tone close to them but it still lacks that almost popping tone that they have. And my low E string harmonics suck cuz my pickups are stock. Im getting EMG 81's soon.

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
don't get EMGs first: get a new amp, and ditch the distortion pedals. Look for a used Mesa Recto (like the Rectoverb) or the DC series. With either of those amps, you won't need the MetalZone or the Bad Monkey, ayou'll have more than enough gain.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
don't get EMGs first: get a new amp, and ditch the distortion pedals. Look for a used Mesa Recto (like the Rectoverb) or the DC series. With either of those amps, you won't need the MetalZone or the Bad Monkey, ayou'll have more than enough gain.

Basically. Like dancesisidance said, they don't really use the same amps, really they just use whatever high gain amp will get them the tone they're going for in the studio. But their overall tone is pretty Mesa-y, so if you get a Mesa and a Maxon OD808 you should have something pretty close to their overall sound.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by RG_FANMAN

Dude, i would kill for a Mesa, but i dont know where to get one and plus, theyre HELLA expensive. and i have no money. i have no job. im 14 years old. chances are i wont get one. So im stuck with what i got. My friend has a Fender Silverface(i think) Band Master Stack, would that work with my pedals to get a kill switch sound?

Quote by Chuck Norris
I doubt it. But just mess around with the EQ alot, you'll get something that'll do, but to get their tone exactly you'd need their rigs.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Haha. I will soon find out what strat adam used and the bridge pickup!!! Woot!
Quote by thehardwayout
Dude, i would kill for a Mesa, but i dont know where to get one and plus, theyre HELLA expensive. and i have no money. i have no job. im 14 years old. chances are i wont get one. So im stuck with what i got. My friend has a Fender Silverface(i think) Band Master Stack, would that work with my pedals to get a kill switch sound?

Try a used mesa F-series or .50 caliber, I've seen em go for decently cheap.