Poll Options
View poll results: Do You Believe In Love At First Sight
Yes
36 40%
No
55 60%
Voters: 91.
Page 1 of 2
Okay this is following some arguing in the relationship thread, do you believe in love at first sight?? Or do you think you progressivly fall in love.

Personally I believe n love at first sight, though it's not common.

small debate, comment, give your opinion, poll coming.
i think it gets mixed up with "i wanna get with you at first sight"

its more of a metaphor
Love at first sight is really just Lust at first sight.

I wonder how many ugly people have been the recipient of love at first sight?
I believe in two things:

- Lust at first sight.
- Admiration at first sight.

You need years of getting to know someone to really know everything about them and "love" them.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I believe that mankind was once ruled by reptiles and the Lizard King will rise again one day.
yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
i think love at first sight is if u think someone is hot or not

u should at least know the person before u love them i reckon
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I believe that you have to get to know someone before you love them. So it would gradually happen. I suppose that love at first sight could be possible, but very unlikely.
Quote by astepabove
yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time.

Beatles!
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
it's weird so many people say now, but the pole is about even
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by aig91
Beatles!

A cookie for you, my dear!

But in all seriousness, I do believe in it because it happened to me. From the first time I saw my girlfriend, I knew that I loved her. It's going to be two years for us on Monday.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
no. just no. i am a steadfast believer in lust at first sight though... it's way better.
“Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” - Bob Marley

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell" - Aldous Huxley
Never experienced it, but I agree with the others, it's really just a metaphor for "lust at first sight"
lol there is such thing as "Lust" at first sight...but love? No. I thought this was obvious.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
meh....its lust at first sight...

love is just a word anyways...basically any relationship with a woman other than family is friends with benefits or friends...
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
I believe in love at first sight. It really does happen.

It happened to me as well, astepabove.

And I can deferentiate lust and love.
Quote by Seryaph
I believe in love at first sight. It really does happen.

It happened to me as well, astepabove.

And I can deferentiate lust and love.

I believe you.

NOT!
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Personally I consider "love" to be an attachment to a personality, on 1st sight you know nothing of that personality other than what can be superficially deduced, which is a poor measure of a person so it cannot possibly fit my definition of love.

It fits lust perfectly though because you very well may want to shag the life out of someone before you know anything else about them.

9 times out of 10 the moment they open their mouths that lust will diminish almost instantly, it's that tiny fraction where it stays that you've got to look out for.
Jesus, you can smell the cynicism off of this thread from several websites away.
Quote by Seryaph
Jesus, you can smell the cynicism off of this thread from several websites away.

I have to agree. I was over at Yahoo! Mail and it was similar to when you are driving on the freeway and think you smell weed, but it's really skunk. I was checking my mail and thought I smelled weed, but it was really UG cynicism.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
I have to agree. I was over at Yahoo! Mail and it was similar to when you are driving on the freeway and think you smell weed, but it's really skunk. I was checking my mail and thought I smelled weed, but it was really UG cynicism.
No, sorry, that was me, had too many beans with dinner
I think you can have a crush at first sight, but seriously to fall completely in love..

I takes getting to know peeps to fall in love
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I don't understand how there are so many dilusiona- err I mean 'hopeful' people....
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by freedoms_stain
No, sorry, that was me, had too many beans with dinner

Man, that makes four things that smell similarly. I'm going to have to carry samples from now on to cross-check what I'm smelling. Can you mail me a jar of your gas please?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Trefellin
I believe that mankind was once ruled by reptiles and the Lizard King will rise again one day.

Yes but the real question being asked here is...did the Lizard King really love the Lizard Queen at first sight?
Define love to start with.

I put yes, but I'm completely unsure where I stand on this. I've been known to fall in love very quickly, I remember once telling a girl I loved her after knowing her for 6 hours. Remarkably, she didn't run off and we had a good relationship (incase you were wondering). I guess in the long run, at first sight it is more down to lust, but what is love without lust? Of course you can love your friends or family and not have lust, but assuming we're talking between two people in a relationship, that element kind of needs to be there too.

Sorry, I've gotten very trivial after watching High Fidelity a few minutes ago!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by daniel.mycoe
I remember once telling a girl I loved her after knowing her for 6 hours.

Fail.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Fail.

Now now, I wasn't being daft, I genuinely felt something. Before you say "yeah, in your pants" don't.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

I may wanna sex someone up the first time I see them, and that happens often. That doesn't mean I wanna spend the rest of my life with them though. A night will do me.
Quote by darkstar2466
Man, that makes four things that smell similarly. I'm going to have to carry samples from now on to cross-check what I'm smelling. Can you mail me a jar of your gas please?
It cannot be contained.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Now now, I wasn't being daft, I genuinely felt something. Before you say "yeah, in your pants" don't.
Were you pished by any chance?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I don't understand how there are so many dilusiona- err I mean 'hopeful' people....

I bet half of these "hopeful" people are the kind that drool over fictional characters from certain wildly popular book series.

I personally think love is bullshit. Go ahead and try to convince me, but I shall be a incredibly cynical person and dismiss anything you say as lies.

Pessimism FTW.
Put on some pants, its time to dance! -The Happy Phrase

Quote by Alice Cooper
The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades.

Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because... Disaster, you good sir, are a f*cking genius!
Quote by freedoms_stain

Were you pished by any chance?

Believe it or not, no I wasn't.

Seriously, I've never really gone for the whole time rules thing. I remember a friend of mine saying you have to wait half the time you were with someone to be over them and you have to be with someone atleast a year before you live with them. What part of that is living? I just go by whatever feels right and I take every chance that seems like a good one. Yeah, I mess up from time to time, but so many great things have happened for me to care!

At the end of the day, it's really down to the person and I don't think you could give a yes or no answer to it.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by Disaster Area42
I bet half of these "hopeful" people are the kind that drool over fictional characters from certain wildly popular book series.

I personally think love is bullshit. Go ahead and try to convince me, but I shall be a incredibly cynical person and dismiss anything you say as lies.

Pessimism FTW.

Or said 'hopeful' people are dillusional and aren't aware that this world isn't as wonderful all the time

As for the cynicism... I'm cynical and pessimistic about love for a whole other reason. It happens, it's just a load of bloody aggro.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by YouKnowMyName
I fell in love with The Pit at first sight. It's been an abusive relationship ever since.

I don't think anyone can argue with that!
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Page 1 of 2