im considering getting a norton to put in the bridge of my next guitar. i like the idea of mixing the sound of the tone zone with the fred but does the combination work?

the other thing i am unsure about is if they have enough output. they have about the same as a breed(bridge) but the breed is classified as high output and the norton isnt.

i have searched and it seems that not many people talk about the norton. are they bad?
Buckethead uses a Tone Zone for his neck pickup and an Air Norton for his bridge. I dunno about you, but I rather like his bridge tone and think it's got gain enough for at least shred... what styles do you play?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i meant norton not air norton. the air norton seems much more popular but its just too weak for me.

I play blues, hard rock/metal and shred.

I dont really want less output than my current guitar. the bridge pickup in my current guitar is an inf4. i dont know how high output it is but i know it cant be that high because it uses an alnico magnet.
Quote by Raijouta
Buckethead uses a Tone Zone for his neck pickup and an Air Norton for his bridge. I dunno about you, but I rather like his bridge tone and think it's got gain enough for at least shred... what styles do you play?

That's not what I've read. He's got dual X2Ns in one of his les pauls and dual Super Distortions in the other, but whatever.

the Norton seems like a decent enough pickup. try it
It's an excellent pickup - Dimarzio's best kept secret. It's one people who actually know what they're doing tend to go for as opposed to people who just buy pickups because other people use them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com