hey all, i have this issue playing for an audience, be it at home or at Guitar class at school (yes, thats right, from one out of our 4 classes we getta jam with others for an hour and 17minutes)

but, you see, i cant play in front of everyone when it comes time to the tests. I panic, and forget. stagefright?

allright pitters!, by skipping as much possible "bashing," i need some tips on how to overcome my stagefright!
Cmaj9add4add6(b13)(b5)
you gotta not wear clothes just underwear...wait maybe i got that wrong.
I use a line 6 what of it?
sorry but bandleading forum is the best probably.... not that i really care... just saying.

but yeah i don't really have much advice. just forget about htem i guess. idk i've never been bad w/ that so i don't really know what to tell u. the more u do it the easier it gets
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
Just imagine everyone around you being people you're comfortable with. I took acting in high school, and that really helped stage fright for me, because everyone around there I was comfortable with. Or just don't think about anyone in the audience, just imagine there's no one there. I did that as well and it worked great.
start out with a joke or a really obvious error on purpose to break the tension and make them laugh. When the audience is relaxed, you'll be more relaxed. always helps me during shows.
Quote by D&DLover
start out with a joke or a really obvious error on purpose to break the tension and make them laugh. When the audience is relaxed, you'll be more relaxed. always helps me during shows.

+1
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i could never play Classical in front of an audience, be it at a concert or in front of my family. You just have to do it more often, get used to it and develop your own way of dealing with it, either by telling or joke, or talking to them, or whatever.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I played this shitty blues thing in my class, and sung aswell.. and I cant sing.. basically i wasnt facing da peepz so i could read the lyrics, and i was just concentrated on that... and i forgot they were even there until i finished, when i got a cheer! mintos!

i think if u get through it first time, you will feel liberated and will find yourself build in confidence..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..