Hey, i am writing this on a basis of trying to find the nice punch his tone has.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJUiobPPg4
I am trying to find this tone basically. I am not a bass player, so i have no clue where to start to get his tone. I know a lot of bass tone has to do with fingers, and how hard you pluck and etc, but i am sure i can get something similar by just messing with eq. I have a Workingman's 4004 with a crate 4x10, and a Squier 5 String sits gently against it all.
any help is appreciated.
A good place to start, if you have some money to trow around, would be to get his signature schecter, the Model-T. I have know idea what amp and other stuff he uses and I'm too lazy to check it out, so use wikipedia or google or whatever
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
That's awesome you're looking for his tone. Rob Deleo is one of my favorite bassist, but not many people say much about him. I did some research for ya on Wikipedia, and hopefully this helps!

"DeLeo's usual live rig while with STP consisted of an Alembic FX1 preamp, a QSC MX1500 poweramp, three Eden 2x12 cabinets and three Eden 4x10 cabinets. One 2x12 and one 4x10 cab were placed on either side of the drum riser, and the third stack was placed on DeLeo's side of the stage and kept in reserve as a backup. (Bass Player Magazine, November 2001 interview)

Core was recorded with a Jazz-type bass prototype version of his Schecter model T bass, a G&L L2000, and an Ampeg SVT amplifier with an 8x10 cabinet. Purple was recorded with his live rig.(Bass Player Magazine, November 2001 interview)"
Quote by kugelspot
A good place to start, if you have some money to trow around, would be to get his signature schecter, the Model-T. I have know idea what amp and other stuff he uses and I'm too lazy to check it out, so use wikipedia or google or whatever

Heh, that bass is a lot of cash, and i'd rather spend that money on my guitar rig
what i guess i meant to say was like eq settings?
I tried messing around with them, but can't get the punch he has.