what would be a good distortion pedal to go with my spider III that wouldnt make it sound worse and could create some pantera sounds or metallicas Kill em all or MoP
price range is $120 at most

Thanks
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
I like the Metal Zone for this.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
The Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff is pretty good.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
everyone is gonna say new amp. yes, it's annoying, so i won't say new amp even though you should get one.

i actually like the digitech grunge. i tried the metal muff, and it was okay, it's like really scoop the mids tone, if you like that. mxr dime distortion is crazy as hell. awesome for pantera tone.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
^ That's mean. Don't try to trick him into buying that piece of crap.

No matter what pedal you get, make sure to use it with your amp clean. The Metal Muff gets alot of recommendations.

In all honestly I like the tones from my Pocket POD better than any distortion pedal I've ever used, so I might not be the most help to you.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
now that ive looked into stuff what do you like better the

Boss Metal Zone

or

Digitech metal master
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
Quote by STABxYOU
^ That's mean. Don't try to trick him into buying that piece of crap.

No matter what pedal you get, make sure to use it with your amp clean. The Metal Muff gets alot of recommendations.

In all honestly I like the tones from my Pocket POD better than any distortion pedal I've ever used, so I might not be the most help to you.

what crap? the mxr dime? i liked it. the thing is instea of distortion, why dont people just buy amps with good distortion instead of buying a pedal? i think distortion pedals are a waste of money personally.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
^ It's called a volume knob. It's on your guitar, it controls the volume of the signal leaving the guitar. It can be used to control the gain levels in tube amps, solid state amps, modelling amps and even pedals. Learn it. Love it.

Quote by apak
what crap? the mxr dime? i liked it. the thing is instea of distortion, why dont people just buy amps with good distortion instead of buying a pedal? i think distortion pedals are a waste of money personally.

Agreed.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Oh God, enough with the mediocre suggestions. NO Boss metalzone, no Digitech metal master and no digitech grunge. You will regret those purchases. If you can go used, then that is great. You could try to find a used Blackstar distx. boutique, tube-driven pedal. If you must buy new, the metal muff is probably your best bet, especially if you plan on buying a decent amp in the future
The Metal Zone is crapy pedal, if you want Metal Zone so try just the keeley mode.
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.