Anyone know the story of Czar Nicolas II and his family/doctor? For those of you who don't he was the Czar of Russia leading up to WWI. The Bolsheviks, a militant group arising through Russia's civil turmoil, seized power by murdering Nicolas II and his whole family. Nicolas' doctor, whom he hired to help his son with (I believe) his inability to easily create blood clots (forgot the name of the disease though). As all the executions were going on, this guy was supposedly shot, stabbed, burned, poisoned and drowned. His body was never recovered though, if I'm not mistaken. The idea being though, he was immortal... kind of.

ANYWAYS...

Does anyone know if this has been made into a movie (yet)? To me, at least, this would be a crazy flick. Although, I'm kind of envisioning it as more of a Bourne Identity meets WWI in Russia.

Thoughts?
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Last edited by Johl at Sep 5, 2008,
Anastasia

Pretty good musical.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Anastasia. There are also various adaptations of the story of Rasputin, the "aide" you're referring to. And yes, his body was found - he didn't die of the poison, two gunshots, stab wounds, blood loss, or drowning (he was thrown in a river.) He died of hypothermia.
whatthefedit: He also had the craziest eyes. Ever.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by aixelsydevahi
Anastasia

Pretty good musical.

I didn't know that was what that movie was about.

*searches for ILLEGAL copies on the internet*

Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Quote by freedoms_stain
Yes the story of Rasputin has been adapted many times over.

And I believe it's spelt Tsar.

Both spellings are accepted.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Yes the story of Rasputin has been adapted many times over.

And I believe it's spelt Tsar.

It can be either way, I think Czar is closer to the Cyrillic.

TS, come on, everybody knows Rasputin. Did you know his penis is embalmed in a museum somewhere?
Quote by Johl
Nicolas' doctor, whom he hired to help his son with (I believe) his inability to easily create blood clots (forgot the name of the disease though).

i think it's called hemophelia
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Anastasia wasn't strictly speaking about the actual events surrounding the massacre of the Russian royal family, rather built on the true story of a girl who claimed to be a survivor of the massacre, Grand Duchess Anastasia.

DNA evidence proved her to be a liar after her death.