I've been considering to get a amp (one of those that have an in-built speaker, instead of the one that we have in the lounge room that's mainly used for karaoke), something not too big or too small, something that's perfect for practice (in your room, wherever) but at the same time something that's perfect for gigging. Price range I'm not too concerned about, although it must be reasonable. Been playing for 1.5 years, plays rock/blues. I've got an Epiphone Les Paul, and plan to get an Ashton Wah, Big Muff and maybe one day a Digitech Whammy. Any suggestions for a suitable amp?

As for the "slide" reference in the title of this thread, I am also considering in buying a tube and start to try out some slide guitar. Question is: What would be suitable - glass, stainless steel, brass, or chrome? I do realize a slide can be made out of any material, but what would preferably be one that I would want to get?
stainless steel or glass for the slide

as for the amp, well I have no idea where to start, how much £$ have you got to splash?
Quote by ClementWave
stainless steel or glass for the slide

as for the amp, well I have no idea where to start, how much £$ have you got to splash?

What material slide is personal preference, if you have a lower action a glass slide is lighter but it is not as bright as brass, which is much heavier. Steel is somewhere in between, unfortunately I don't have any experience with ceramic.