So I've got a DDP (Design Draw Produce) class. We have EVERYTHING I could possibly need to build a guitar and then some. I.E. Planer, Hand planers, Drill Press, Kickass Band saw, Variety of sanders, handtools etc etc etc. How do some of your teachers take to building guitars? And have you been successful with builds. I have the class 2 or 3 times a week depending on how my schedule falls. Just trying to decide and people to give me that last push. Thanks!!!!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Well, I don't have any experience for doing it in school, but I say, if you have all that time to devote, and everything you need, then do it man!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
DDP(or as my school calls it DDT) isn't really that type of class. The equipment is all there, but this is normally your introduction to using all the tools and making smaller stuff.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Well why ask UG? Why dont you just go and ask your teachers if its alright?

A lot of builds on here have been done in school, so I'm sure they'll be fine with it.

Its probably a damn good project really considering the amount of planning and design that goes into it, and then the actualy construction is another ball game.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Well why ask UG? Why dont you just go and ask your teachers if its alright?

A lot of builds on here have been done in school, so I'm sure they'll be fine with it.

Its probably a damn good project really considering the amount of planning and design that goes into it, and then the actualy construction is another ball game.

I planned on asking anyways. The only thing I'm nervous about is all the measurements and shet I have to do. Especially for a first build.

Neck through would be easier, right?
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
I would suggest bolt on for a first build, if you f**k up the neck angle its the easiest to fix, and you can work on the body and neck completely seperatly at all times.

If you plan thoroughly, think everythign through logically, check all the measurements etc before cutting anything you should be fine, as long as you dont rush things a build can be fairly easy (providing you have teachers there to help you with wood work if needed etc)

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by jscustomguitars
I can tell you my experience with highschool girls lol

I don't want to here about you catching herpes from the french slut in math class.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
No, that was me...
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard