While I was putting in a shift at my extremely boring part time job at Sainsbury's, I started thinking about everything and anything but more specifically, record companies. As I had four hours to think about it, I was wondering where you lot think the money is for record companies in the future.

Will it all be down to live music? Because that will never die?

Thought I'd run it past you intelligent lot anyway to see what your opinions were.
hhhhmmmm...well, people will still buy CDs, cuz they are better than downloading, you get album art, case, etc. but it has and still will be decreasing, so it may come down to live performances, who knows, maybe illegal downloading is just a fad?
the record company's computers will rise up and destroy humanity
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
I think that record companies would become obsolete, as these days it's so easy to get your music out there.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I was thnking that maybe in the future people could subscribe to bands directly. And bands could release material to their fans directly via the internet.
I think that more labels will collapse or be bought off by a select few.

It's not the downloading that's doing the damage so much as the fact that there is so much more music, so people are buying less of the same thing and a bigger variety across the board.
Quote by Seryaph
I was thnking that maybe in the future people could subscribe to bands directly. And bands could release material to their fans directly via the internet.

That's not a bad idea...
I have too much gear to fit!