Has anyone else had this problem?

I pick up my (acoustic) guitar today, a Fender DG-4CE steel stringed acoustic, only to find that I was having some pretty terrible intonation issues, it becomes most noticeable at around the 7th fret (waaaa!) and is only on the 5th and 6th strings. I can't believe i haven't noticed until now, perhaps it just happened overnight?

Ideas anyone?
Ok, well it may just be you need new strings.

Also, you may need to clean your fret board, if theres all that muck on there which builds up over time.

So my solution would be take of the strings, clean your fret board with lemon oil, and make sure you get right into the frets when your cleaning. Put on NEW strings, and you should be gold.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Ok, well it may just be you need new strings.

Also, you may need to clean your fret board, if theres all that muck on there which builds up over time.

So my solution would be take of the strings, clean your fret board with lemon oil, and make sure you get right into the frets when your cleaning. Put on NEW strings, and you should be gold.

thank you very much

i will do this, seeing as my strings are over a year old, i can only assume that you are absolutely correct
Quote by Lions Teeth
thank you very much

i will do this, seeing as my strings are over a year old, i can only assume that you are absolutely correct

Wow, just wow! I change mine every couple weeks, even if they don't need it! Definitely get new strings, and use them for around a month or two, you should be golden.
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."