Ok question. do you guys think this lock is safe enough to do guitar spins with:

http://www.planetwaves.com/pgeardetails.aspx?ID=1

if you scroll down just a little you'll see the lock.

And can you do them with your guitar plugged in?

Now to make this topic bigger. Do you guys have any guitar spin tips, and what do you think about them. Who do you think does them best live.
Last edited by Bubbles516 at Sep 5, 2008,
Just... Don't do it. It serves no purpose, and in my opinion makes you look like a twat. If you have to resort to tricks to make people enjoy the show, chances are your music ain't good nough.
i do mine without a strap
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by Bubbles516
Ok question. do you guys think this lock is safe enough to do guitar spins with:

http://www.planetwaves.com/pgeardetails.aspx?ID=1

if you scroll down just a little you'll see the lock.
And can you do them with your guitar plugged in?

Now to make this topic bigger. Do you guys have any guitar spin tips think about them. Like who does them best live.

the guy from saosin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXU9jTCFUw

and have you looked at dimarzio clip lock straps ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
LOL Ive got some terrible storys regarding the "bitch toss" or guitar spin or whatever you want to call it.

no.1 using my old secondary schools squire strat , I attempted a bitch toss and the strap came off , the guitar went flying way across the room and broke off a few tuners.

no.2 using my 1982 MIJ Fender Strat , I atempted the spin it (having sucessfully done it numerous times on this guitar) , when the strap screw came out , and the guitar crashed to the ground chipping a chunk of paint out of the bottom.

I dont think ill be attempting it again :P
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
It won't work unless you have wireless (or you'll end up cocooned in leads)
And I'd get some decent metal strap locks like Schallers
I don't do them:
a.) because they look stupid
b.) I play Jacksons and I don't fancy decapitating dozens of people publically (not good for the band image)
ohai little sig.
me and black-sabbath made them with washers and they work well.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Me and my band practice guitar spins using a guitar hero controller. The strap burns my neck but if you mess up, you lose nothing
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I've already bought that strap I'm just wondering if it'll hold up. That saosin guy is sick.

And chill of winter thanks for making even more afraid of killing my guitar. :P Sorry to hear about your horror stories though
Quote by FireandFlames

-Saosin do them best

That's ****ing insane!!
Quote by ChillofWinter
LOL Ive got some terrible storys regarding the "bitch toss" or guitar spin or whatever you want to call it.

Lol, your stories remind me of something my friend did. He was trying to do that thing Herman Li does where he suspends his guitar by holding the tremelo arm and shakes it up and down, but my friends tremelo doesn't screw in, so he went to lift it up and his guitar came off and smacked on the floor
Quote by Zao_89
Sounds like you didnt even bother using strap locks.

I didnt with the school guitar , but I did with my guitar.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
Quote by filthandfury
Just... Don't do it. It serves no purpose, and in my opinion makes you look like a twat. If you have to resort to tricks to make people enjoy the show, chances are your music ain't good nough.

this
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
The general rule is:
If you wouldn't do it to your cat or dog, don't do it to your guitar.

Do you swing your pet around like that? I might've. But my guitar deserves more than that.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by filthandfury

I disagree, look at Protest the Hero (who does spins). They combine excellent music with a frantic, frenzied stage show.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
This is why Chad Ginsburg doset do the bitch toss anymore. He does them the best because hes amazing.
Listen to CKY.
Last edited by cky_rocks at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by EnyoAdonai
The general rule is:
If you wouldn't do it to your cat or dog, don't do it to your guitar.

Do you swing your pet around like that? I might've. But my guitar deserves more than that.

I don't have a pet.

But yea i agree I wouldn't be able to pick up my guitar up off the ground and know that I broke it. Which is probably what would happen.

BUT...
Bitch throws done well, are awesome, as long as the music is good too ofcourse.
I had dunlops installed and the strap pins came right out of the guitar body. Headstock broke off, and it chewed the body to shit.....

Dont do it.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.