Does anyone own an "Electa" guitar? I googled it, and from what I got, they're from the 70s made by some company that had to do with Ibanez.

Anyways,

I was at this music store today, and they had an Electa Telecaster copy in a walnut finish, which I thought was odd. It's fairly beaten up, and you can tell it's old be looking at it. I plugged it in and was really liking the sound, and the feel of this guitar. Not to mention it looked stunning. I've been in the market for a Telecaster for the past little while, and I was very surprise to look at the price tag on this beast to see that it was only $99.

Now, I can afford this thing, and I'm really liking it. Does anyone have any experience with these "Electa" guitars, though? From what I got from the guitar in the hour I was playing it, it's quite the amazing guitar. But, is this gonna be falling apart in a week if I buy it?

Or, should I just go away now?

(I've played MIM Teles, and I actually preferred this over one... don't hurt me?)
If you like it,get it. Who cares what people say about it.
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
Quote by Krist333111330
If you like it,get it. Who cares what people say about it.

Well, I'm just looking to see if anyone has any experience with these things, so I can know about a future problem I may have BEFORE I buy it.

If I can't find anyone who has experience with it, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy it. Even if something goes wrong that's not worth fixing, it'll be a good wall ornament. : l
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Well, I'm just looking to see if anyone has any experience with these things, so I can know about a future problem I may have BEFORE I buy it.

If I can't find anyone who has experience with it, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy it. Even if something goes wrong that's not worth fixing, it'll be a good wall ornament. : l

Dude it's a hundred bucks, if you like it so get it. Doubt any1 will have experience with it, try a thorough google search. You played it, you liked it I can't see what more any1 else can tell you. Something like that allows you to mod it without having to worry about the repercussions.
I have a 1980 Electra LP copy. It's a great playing and solid guitar. I recently had it setup as I was thinking of selling it. I forgot just how nice it plays. I'll keep it a while longer. It's my first guitar. Bought it new in 1980.
Yes i own an electa flying v, it still serves me well to this day lol. ive had it for almost a year now and its going strong so, from me i recomend highly for electa guitars
I have a Electra X90 LP copy and its a pretty versitile guitar depnding on the amp setup. I got mine from my uncle and he got his in 85 and hasnt touched it until I found it a while back bad it was in alright shape. All I can say is dont depend on it in the long run (2-3 years)
If it plays well for $100 (and they don't exist anymore) then by all means buy it. Vintage wood is always a good thing.

After that get a better amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??