Page 1 of 2
If you could join any band in the world (that has living members), who would it be, and who would you replace and why? Example: If you were to say AC/DC at lead guitar, Angus would be gone. You cannot create your own spot in the band, like adding another guitarist. The only exception would be if that spot is empty, like if you would want to reform Pantera. They don't have a guitarist since Dimebag was killed.

I'd join Velvet Revolver at Dave Kushner's spot. I'd get to share the stage with Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, get to have a say in the singer decision, jam with a bunch of cool people and awesome bands.

I'm bored and decided to start my first thread. It had to come eventually.
I don't think this has been done in a while if at all. I used the search menu.
I'd join Led Zeppelin in Bonham's spot..... if I could play drums......
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Bass in Pink Floyd. Waters is gone and the new guy is a douche who only played for, what, 3-4 years?

He sounds nothing like Waters, and I've been told by strangers in guitar shops that I could cover Comfortably Numb vocals and bass and no one could tell the difference
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
The Beatles, in place of John Lennon. Or The Jonas Brothers, then all the little girls would love me. Then I could go on a young children molesting spree.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Isn't the obvious and most rightful choice the one and only OPETH??
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
I think i would take Josh Klingoffer's(however you spell his last name) place on tour with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. when they are on tour.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Quote by I Be Andyy
The Beatles, in place of John Lennon. Or The Jonas Brothers, then all the little girls would love me. Then I could go on a young children molesting spree.

Theres a lot of hot 18 yr olds that like Jonas Brothers, id say thats a wise choice. You'd have to quit UG tho , youd get flamed like crazy
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

good bye petrucci...

or maybe i'd joing iron maiden instead of janick.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
This is a cool thread.

I think I would join Metallica at bass. What an easy job. 85 percent of the time I'm just droning on in E. Throw in a "HEY!" once in a while and collect $$$ and hot women.

Wow, I should have thought of this a long time ago.

I wonder if we can get Tool to tour with us?
IdirtI

I sold my Parker Nitefly, Line 6 POD X3 Live and Crate Powerblock on Ebay. I'm depressed about it, so if I'm grumpy, that's why. = (
I'd sing for Gallows. From what it looks like, the singer they have now barely sings for them, and I think it would be fun.
Lead Vocals of Jimi Hendrix
as long as he still played guitar
"Run like the wind
As excitement shivers up and down my spine"
Quote by RHCP987123
I think i would take Josh Klingoffer's(however you spell his last name) place on tour with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. when they are on tour.

He's not a member of the band, who knows if they will even tour with him next time around

I would take Ben Sheppards spot in Soundgarden
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I'd be the extra guitarist/keyboardist etc. that the chili peppers take on tour with them. When I saw them last year, I envied that guy so much. In the end of it, him, flea and john came on stage and he drummed and they ajmmed for abotu 10-15 minutes. It was great.
I'd join the Jonas Brothers or All Time Low. I don't think I'd want to be in a real, good band, I'd prefer to do my own thing. But I'd get so much ass...
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by idirti
This is a cool thread.

I think I would join Metallica at bass. What an easy job. 85 percent of the time I'm just droning on in E. Throw in a "HEY!" once in a while and collect $$$ and hot women.

Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Drum for The White Stripes.

Anybody without any drumming experience could do better than jack's ex-wife. She drums like a two year old.

Edit: I'd take the place of whoever the hell is playing rhythm guitar for the foo fighters now, pat smear just cant make up his mind, he wants to play sometimes, other times hed rather go do something else.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by PlayMadness
Bass in Pink Floyd. Waters is gone and the new guy is a douche who only played for, what, 3-4 years?

He sounds nothing like Waters, and I've been told by strangers in guitar shops that I could cover Comfortably Numb vocals and bass and no one could tell the difference
That has to be a joke, right?

Right?!

I'd take Luther Dickinson's place in the Black Crowes.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I occasionally dream of taking Kurt Cobain's place in a reformed Nirvana.

I also would love to join the Jonas Brothers, just to corrupt them from the inside. Take their innocent minds, introduce them to the wonders of drugs, sex and metal, and then watch them fail.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I wanna rape a wah pedal, so i'd say Metallica, goodbye Hammet

Or Marilyn Manson :]
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Probably Manson, I mean the man makes Absinthe.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
I'd replace John Mayer and stop playing all the pop stuff...IF I was good enough, but I'm not...
I'd replace Janick in Maiden, playing guitar alongside Dave and Adrian would just be awesome.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
I would replace Hetfield as both rhythm and Vocals in MEtallica. People say I sing/shout like a young Hetfield and some say I even look a bit like him
Testament are the Kings Of Thrash! Megadeth can go to hell!
Pretty interesting thread idea... had to think about it for awhile.

I'd probably join Kasabian, filling the spot of the guitarist that left. The reason being that they are a relatively new band, with a bright future, and some serious room to grow and experiment. I wouldn't want to join a 30 year old band, because they're done. Their name has been made, their message has been sent, so what's the point? I want to be in Kasabian

Even with Interpol, my very favorite band, they are really complete as a group. They know what their sound is, and they're all very tight in terms of writing music. I could not possibly add anything to that, I don't think. But Kasabian could use a replacement guitarist/lyricist, specially since they're moving towards a bit of a heavier style.
Quote by (Metal)lica
Theres a lot of hot 18 yr olds that like Jonas Brothers, id say thats a wise choice. You'd have to quit UG tho , youd get flamed like crazy

Oh? Well screw that, I was just in it for the little boys/girls.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Amon Amarth since I can play most of their shit, and they seem like pretty laid back cool bunch of dudes.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
I would play keyboards in Opeth, or second guitarist to Mikael Akerfeldt.

Although, playing in a band like Lamb Of God would be much more interesting I think, due to their energy on stage. I'd do vocals for Lamb Of God.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
I'd love to play guitar for Thrice, but losing either Teppei or Dustin (Dustin in particular) would kill the group and I wouldn't be able to write amazing music like them.

Quote by idirti
This is a cool thread.

Page 1 of 2