Looks to be that Hurricane "Ike" is on its way to South Florida. Some Meteorologists are projecting it to be a Cat. 5, which would devastate South Florida. Some are saying it will be worse than "Andrew".

So for the South Floridians, are you evacuating, or riding out the storm? or if you have something you'd like to add, feel free to post. I'll be adding updates to this post on how the storm progresses.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
When i see the name Ike, i immediately think of Kyle's little brother in south park.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
my moms best friend lives there and she is a really sick person which means we would have to go get her. We live in rhode island. 1200 miles away.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Living in Michigan makes me glad I don't have to deal with hurricanes.

But really, I've been through one, and it is not fun.

MC name = Bearrorism
I live in South Florida, but the latest forecast seems to have it going through the Keys (right through Key West, actually), so I'm not too worried. We'll probably get maybe category 2 force winds which really don't do too much damage (unless you're an idiot and leave pots and lawn chairs outside) and maybe a day or two off from school.

What people should really be worried about is that after it hits Florida it will be curving into the Gulf. =/
Quote by rockon1824
I live in South Florida, but the latest forecast seems to have it going through the Keys (right through Key West, actually), so I'm not too worried. We'll probably get maybe category 2 force winds which really don't do too much damage (unless you're an idiot and leave pots and lawn chairs outside) and maybe a day or two off from school.

What people should really be worried about is that after it hits Florida it will be curving into the Gulf. =/

Yeah, hopefully it will avoid us somewhat. The couple of days off of school would be nice as well.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Quote by Phillitalian
When i see the name Ike, i immediately think of Kyle's little brother in south park.

x2
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Gargantuan
Living in Michigan makes me glad I don't have to deal with hurricanes.

But really, I've been through one, and it is not fun.

where i live the worst thing that can happen are earthquakes, the last one was like 7 year ago i think, and it wasn't really powerful.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Honestly, Ike is a pretty cool name. It's supposed to go in between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia so I guess, I' ll be getting the Mess it's putting out in it's mighty circumference
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Can't understand why you would want to live in a place regularily pummeled by hurricanes.... I'll take the snowstorms here anyday!

Despite this, good luck to all the people down there, hope everyone gets through it alright (not like andrew)
Quote by hawk5211
Can't understand why you would want to live in a place regularily pummeled by hurricanes.... I'll take the snowstorms here anyday!

Despite this, good luck to all the people down there, hope everyone gets through it alright (not like andrew)

Have you ever been through a hurricane? It's really not that bad. Just stay inside and you're safe. Although there are the curious idiots who go outside and get squashed by trees.
Quote by hawk5211

i cant understand how people can live in the snow 6 months a year. i'll take the hurricane every year or 2, sometimes more, sometimes less. they arnt bad ive been through cat3 eyewalls passing over me. just stay inside. prep properly, buy lots of beer, your fine after 6-8 hours. then its the waiting game for the power to come back on. snow is fun to visit. i'll take my 50 degree winters.

im in florida btw, a few hours north of miami. looks like this one will miss me, even though ive got a bad feeling about it
Maybe it's just the part of Florida I live in - although I've lived on the East Coast also during hurricanes - but IMO they're waaaay overrated. Obviously not the bad ones like Katrina or Andrew, but I think most of them are blown out of proportion. I never pay attention to them on the news or anything, it's just like, 'oh another hurricane... power better not go out, I'll be pissed.'

Unfortunately though here in Florida a stray bit of bird poop could cut the power off. I hate it.
We're only strays.
Quote by magnum1117
where i live the worst thing that can happen are earthquakes, the last one was like 7 year ago i think, and it wasn't really powerful.

Or flooding, blizzards....
I don't remember any earthquakes..I must have been on vacation.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by chris024
i cant understand how people can live in the snow 6 months a year. i'll take the hurricane every year or 2, sometimes more, sometimes less. they arnt bad ive been through cat3 eyewalls passing over me. just stay inside. prep properly, buy lots of beer, your fine after 6-8 hours. then its the waiting game for the power to come back on. snow is fun to visit. i'll take my 50 degree winters.

im in florida btw, a few hours north of miami. looks like this one will miss me, even though ive got a bad feeling about it

No way dude I hate Florida. No seasons, just hot and humid. I will say spring time here is quite amazing, but that is IT. I'd love to live with 6 months of snow.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Unfortunately though here in Florida a stray bit of bird poop could cut the power off. I hate it.

That's probably just where you are, because the only time I ever get power outages are during hurricanes.
Someone best tell Tina....
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by CapnKickass
Florida?? Why is my name Florida?

Thats the name of a state? Why is my name Florida Boo hoo hoo?!

Wonder if its gonna hit VA? I dont really give a shit about that hanna thats gonna hit tomorrow, its a bs tropical storm, nothing too big wont do too big of damage, im more concerned with what Ike will do.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Masamune
Have you ever been through a hurricane? It's really not that bad. Just stay inside and you're safe. Although there are the curious idiots who go outside and get squashed by trees.

This is not true.

Seriously, you sound like a moron.

"Oh, well if you stay inside it's ok"

You don't understand.....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Thats the name of a state? Why is my name Florida Boo hoo hoo?!

Wonder if its gonna hit VA? I dont really give a shit about that hanna thats gonna hit tomorrow, its a bs tropical storm, nothing too big wont do too big of damage, im more concerned with what Ike will do.

Lol. Hanna is actually strengthening back into a hurricane last I heard. It passed by me last night, and even though it was still 200 miles off shore, it caused minor flooding by raining all night and there were tree branches and crap all over the road when I was driving to school this morning. So I think you should be more worried about that, considering Ike is headed to the Gulf, which is slightly out of the way of Virginia.
Quote by Masamune
That's probably just where you are, because the only time I ever get power outages are during hurricanes.

Yeah probably. Where I live most of the resources go to keeping the old people from starting an uprising.

Gray Dawn.
We're only strays.
Quote by imafool18
This is not true.

Seriously, you sound like a moron.

"Oh, well if you stay inside it's ok"

You don't understand.....

Well, you got to admit that the media exaggerates hurricanes.
So... if Hurricane Ike kills Flo Rida.....

Thats +1 for Rock and
-1 for Rap Right?
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by Masamune
Well, you got to admit that the media exaggerates hurricanes.

Yeah, I heard Gustav was gonna be worse than katrina and if you don't evacuate it'd be the worst/last decisiond of you're life.....

Gustav didn't even go over the levees......

But some H'canes are nothing, some are terribly strong.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
Yeah, I heard Gustav was gonna be worse than katrina and if you don't evacuate it'd be the worst/last decisiond of you're life.....

Yeah of course there are the terribly strong ones. What I said didn't apply for all hurricanes, but for the majority of hurricanes, it's not that bad.
Quote by Masamune
I'm so used to hurricanes that I don't really care anymore.

Esto.

Hurricanes are nothing here. I lived through Andrew and Wilma which took 2 weeks off of school and my family living off canned food for the time being.

Oh yea, I don't recommend hitting the beaches during hurricanes. Idiots go there to ride the waves and put all their trust on mother nature.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by Masamune
Yeah of course there are the terribly strong ones. What I said didn't apply for all hurricanes, but for the majority of hurricanes, it's not that bad.

This is the first time I've ever seen 2 people compromise in the pit/UG

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by metaldud536
Esto.

Hurricanes are nothing here. I lived through Andrew and Wilma which took 2 weeks off of school and my family living off canned food for the time being.

Same here with Ivan, But 3 weeks off of school

Oh and we just had MREs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18

thats terrible logic for gustav. it missed neew orleans, and it weakend. if it hit, it would/could have devistated that town. but it was about 50-60 miles west of what would have been much much worse. that kind of logic will get people to stay for the next one, when it does hit. did you see how the waves were crashing over the levees? imagine if the actual center hit... 5-10 feet higher storm serge, and a much stronger winds/rain. anyone there would have been in a lot of trouble.

btw they say that they did almost break, even with the hurricane missing.
Quote by imafool18
Same here with Ivan, But 3 weeks off of school

Oh and we just had MREs.

I don't remember, but I know both hit florida and one took off like 2 days and the other took off 2 weeks. I remember my friend would come over and we'd play yu-gi-oh and chinese checkers and takes turns playing Advance Wars on the gameboy. Good times...we would've played basketball but the hurricane kinda ruined that and I sucked at football.
even if hanna is still a category 1, no chance of flooding here, theres a pond down the road from me but uh thats about it.

Im still not concerned
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^