Jackson SL2H Soloists usually go for $1799 but at my Sam Ash there is one for $899 brand new.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--JAC2803071

I asked the guy at Sam Ash and they said they're not sure if it's the USA made one or not, but i believe it's the Japanese version because the headstock does not say "made in USA" normal SL2H soloists have it. Anyway i could really care less about whether it was made in USA or Japan. As long as it has the same specs, pickups, blah blah, it's fine. But before i do it, what other downsides are there?

Last edited by Kidfadetoblack at Sep 5, 2008,
I prefer Jap Jackson's to US ones. If I were you it would already be in my posession.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

id gey the RR next to it, i love randy
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Awesome, i actually tried it too and i liked it. The reason i posted this is because i'm new to Jackson Soloists and i don't know the difference between the jap and usa made ones. But i guess i'll get it tomorrow woohoo!
Quote by Scream And Fly
I thought all Soloists were USA made.

SL2's and SL1's are USA except SL3 which is Japan.

But this SL2H is Japan made and i think only Sam Ash gets the Japanese SL2H soloists.
^ yeah, i remember danno got a japanese sl2h, i think it was from sam ash. i guess, if you like it, get it, just be aware it's not worth what a USA-made one is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
He hasn't confirmed yet 'cause he's too busy jammin' lol.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
That's really interesting! Does it have an OFR? Is it bolt on or no is it maple veneer or a real top? I also noticed that it has the cut outs on both horns whih looks so awsome.
Last edited by Steel8909 at Sep 6, 2008,
I thought they only made sl3's for the japanese version? I know the sl3 has a licensed floyd rose. I don't know what difference the licensed floyd rose makes, or the japanese model compared to the usa models, so I picked up a sl1 usa model for $1300 just to make sure.

Love the thing. Jackson's own!
new sl3s actually have an OFR now (the older models didn't), but from what i hear, they're made in korea now and not by schaller in germany.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zangetsu 101
I prefer Jap Jackson's to US ones. If I were you it would already be in my posession.

If your talking late 80s and early 90s, yeah for sure.

But a SL3 just cant touch a sl1 or sl2 quality wise nowadays.

Go for that jackson though. That price is amazing.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator