hey pit.
i might be asking to much, but please try to be serious for a while.

Is this it?

As in...it this life it?

I mean look at us, 973,191 dreamers on a guitar forum..
where do we think we're going?
what will we be?

I know i'm not making much sense but i'll rephrase my concept:

When you look around you, don't you feel depressed, like you're going nowhere?
Like you're just living in a separate world, a world of dreams..
That's why we play instruments, right?
to escape in a world where we can be who we wanna be, what we wanna be..
create..control..

discuss if you've understood anything.

Thanks for reading.
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Fender Custom Telecaster HH Flamed Maple Top

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Digitech Distortion Factory

Pianists F.T.W.
i understand i feel like this sometimes too, the only thing you can do is not think about it if you think about it too much youl get really depressed! also i think thats why being a rockstar is so appealing not money or anything just the fact that itd be less boring than life
You do understand that there is more to life than this forum, right?

There is even more to life than (dare I say it?) the guitar?

GASP!
Didn't really get the hype to that album. Not my type of music.

As for your actual question, I don't really know. I'm just kinda going with the flow. If my guitar playing doesn't take me anywhere (which it won't), I don't really care.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at Sep 5, 2008,
thats why im a singer...
and desperatley wanna learn guitar...

sometimes i feel that you know we are all dreamers and that we will go nowhere... but i keep trying anyways.. and you know it fulfills myself and i hope that i inspire others along the way
"Run like the wind
As excitement shivers up and down my spine"
Having a dream is much more than most people, because most people get to where you're at, and throw it away for a "better" life.

EDIT: Oh and I have every intention of fulfilling my dreams, and more.
We're only strays.
Quote by Jericho114
This is it dude.

so you'd agree with me if i were to say that music is the only thing that keeps us alive, and not vegetating like the other sheep who inhabit this world?
That music is our only reason of life, besides family?
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
It's really just a hobby that I'm recently obsessing over a bit too much. I want to play the Overture from Tommy so badly but I don't want to tune down my guitar

Woe is me!
Quote by -deathbox-
so you'd agree with me if i were to say that music is the only thing that keeps us alive, and not vegetating like the other sheep who inhabit this world?

Jesus, dude. Go travel. Go see the world. You wouldn't be saying that. Believe me.

If you are that upset about everything sell everything you own and go be a vagabond around the world and see where you wind up.
Play the guitar, chill, and mix cranapple juice with white grape juice.

That's all you REALLY need, really...
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
i dont care
i know im gonna end up being a mechanic or a builder and all im gonna do in life is play guitar have a few partys, get with some chicks and ride my motorbike on the odd weekend it sucks but i deal with it
have as much fun as u can while u can
I find that majority of people are in this frame of mind.

So i steal the shows they could have played, Take the band members they could have had, and get the fans they might have gained. and personally...

I love it
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Mr_Jones
What's with all the negative threads tonight....

Yeah, why's everyone gotta be a negative nancy?
We're only strays.
Quote by -deathbox-

and chicks.
very hot chicks.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Music keeps me alive, along with Dayna
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by -deathbox-

I'd say music, family, and friends are legit things to appreciate in life. I don't believe in any God so I certainly don't expect this life to lead into some fantasy after life.

Basically I say live your life the best you can, and it should be obvious the only ones that ever achieved anything were the ones that were willing to try.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
everyone's got something to live for, you can't possibly call them sheep because they don't play the guitar. That's incredibly small minded of you.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by Seryaph
You do understand that there is more to life than this forum, right?

There is even more to life than (dare I say it?) the guitar?

GASP!

GASP!

I'm not talking about this forum, or about guitar.

GASP!

I'm talking about our collective love for music, and how it makes waking up in the morning worth it.

Yes, I have a social life, but it feels like...all my friends are stuck in a conveyor belt..hell reality seems like a conveyor belt.

It's just that, the point of this thread is for me to know, if there's anyone who thinks, like me..that music and our dreams, i mean REAL DREAMS (not getting a ferrari, or that other shallow crap) are what keep us alive..i mean ALIVE.

I just want to applaud all of the ugers for living, dreaming and never giving up even if there would be 1000000000 reasons to do so.
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
But honestly, It seems that all teenage rockers live for the dream of making it, I mean hell, it would be soo ****in' amazing to make it, we base our lives aruond it until we see the real world and give up on our dreams, I know I most likely won't be a multi-million dollar bass player in a band, but it doesn't stop us from dreaming does it? Or should it?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by -deathbox-

I just want to applaud all of the ugers for living, dreaming and never giving up even if there would be 1000000000 reasons to do so.

...you lost me buddy

there's 1000000000 reasons not to play guitar??

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Well.. hmm..

I get that feeling alot, and yeah, that is why i play instruments.

i've noticed that i can be pretty much succesfull at anything, just running on nothing, i can be on auto-pilot, and be the life of a party, or get great test results, and i don't even have to think. But when i play guitar, i have to sit there and focus with my full attention, it seems like it's one of the few things that actually REQUIRE my dedication, time and effort. I suppose that's why i love it so much?

But i try not to bother too much on life and all it's questions, it just goes on and on with no definetive answers. my favourite quote, and i can't remember who said it, but it was:

"as far as we can decipher, our purpose in life is to create a spark in the darkness of simply being."

And we all know it's true.
Quote by Lasyk
But honestly, It seems that all teenage rockers live for the dream of making it, I mean hell, it would be soo ****in' amazing to make it, we base our lives aruond it until we see the real world and give up on our dreams, I know I most likely won't be a multi-million dollar bass player in a band, but it doesn't stop us from dreaming does it? Or should it?

Dude if you work hard enough you'll make it. Thinking like that tells me you base your hopes of "making it" on chance and not on hard work. Ask any pro musician and they'll tell you it takes just as much work as any "normal" career. So hold onto your dreams, but instead of looking at the odds, make stuff happen.
We're only strays.
I'd say music, family, and friends are legit things to appreciate in life. I don't believe in any God so I certainly don't expect this life to lead into some fantasy after life after.

Basicall I say live your life the best you can, and it should be obvious the only ones that ever achieved anything were the ones that were willing to try.

+ infinity

That's basically it for me. Maybe without the family part though.
It took a lot of soul searching to really clear that up for me.
Me and my best bud sat around for like a week and talked about this, and that's when I REALLY figured it all out. Make the best of the time you've got.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Quote by Seryaph
Jesus, dude. Go travel. Go see the world. You wouldn't be saying that. Believe me.

If you are that upset about everything sell everything you own and go be a vagabond around the world and see where you wind up.

nah man, i've been to Hungary, Spain, Greece, Germany, I've lived in the U.S., i live now in Italy and i'm going to study in England.

I've seen the world and it has led me to believe one thing:
that we are extremely fragile, and what makes us who we are, is our dreams and how we act upon them.

Think about it, everything you see around you is nothing but dust, yourself included, but when you listen, play, write music: you're invincible!

@ dark_gilbert

i didn't say that.
I said/meant that the majority of human beings live a very dull and dreamless life.
We work for money, sleep, eat, work..
But when we dream...wow...
Why?

hence the "IS this IT?".
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
Quote by dark_gilbert
...you lost me buddy

there's 1000000000 reasons not to play guitar??

100000000 reasons to STOP dreaming, not playing.

reason no. 1: reality
--gear--

Yamaha C5 L Grand Piano

Marshall MG100HDFX

Dunlop Cry Baby

Pianists F.T.W.
I feel like this alot. I never get out of the house and go hang out with friends, only on some occasions, I really want to but I just dont, its really weird. But soon it'll all change, im gonna start getting out there and actually try and live my dream of being a musician. Sick of feeling like im going nowhere.
Is This It

Everyone feels like that once in a while.
just practice hard enough to satisfy yourself.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.