so yeah i was just wondering which of the two would be better in terms of all around construction and the whole most bang for buck kinda thing. P.S. im not lookin to buy either as of now put im just curious

so yeah discuss
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
how is your carpet so clean? not fair...

EDIT: oh nice guitar too.
and id say go with the sg. unless you absolutely need emgs and 2 more frets
Last edited by soccerguy6494 at Sep 5, 2008,
if you play t3h br00talz get the LTD

if you play more classic rock/other stuff, get the SG
I would say ESP definitely. The black satin finish is a huge advantage over the sticky nitro finish on the Gibson IMO.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
bump
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
How does the neck compare with the two? I've been real curious about the Viper but none around this area to try.
Quote by BIGD2
How does the neck compare with the two? I've been real curious about the Viper but none around this area to try.

The Gibson will have the typical painted neck, not overly chunky but a bit bigger than a Fender neck.

The ESP necks i have played on have been silky smooth, not painted but fast as hell, they feel alot like Fender necks.

What kinds of music do you play? It would help to make a better decision
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Well, you won't get uber heavy metal from the SG, but you won't get classic rock or blues tones from the Viper.

Your choice.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Taylor704
The Gibson will have the typical painted neck, not overly chunky but a bit bigger than a Fender neck.

The ESP necks i have played on have been silky smooth, not painted but fast as hell, they feel alot like Fender necks.

What kinds of music do you play? It would help to make a better decision

Sounds like the ESP would be the choice. Not much blues or classic rock. I also like the feel of a slightly smaller neck.
the Viper standard has a painted neck.

or at least my mates one does. but his has 2 EMG 81s so I assume it's an older version.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i'd go with gibson, i ve played both and the body shapes are just a lil different and i preferred the gibson both for that and the sound quality (and the viper had emgs!)
Pot
Kettle
Black
I guess that I've grown to like the sound of both the SG and Viper as COC has been getting played heavily lately. I don't think Pepper used EMG's in his Viper though. I read that it's a Tom Ansersen H3+ and some sort of P3.
Viper
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)