So i have an epiphone les paul and i was wondering wat i can do yto put in a whammy bar. i dont want to saw anything or do anything really to my guitar that can be fixed after ward

any ideas?
My Gear
ESP EX-400
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Peavey Valveking 112
Electro-harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost
Mogami Cables
Dunlop Tortex Orange .60mm Picks
DiMarzio Cliplock Strap
Stetsbar. However, they're ugly and expensive as hell.

You could add a Bigsby. If you don't want to drill holes in your guitar, there's a version that doesn't require drilling.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I'm not sure, but I think that a good bending and vibrato technique is better than a whammy bar.

But that's just what I think.
Signature
Quote by Aeroblast
I'm not sure, but I think that a good bending and vibrato technique is better than a whammy bar.

True.
But tremolos are fun and allow you to bend or shimmer chords or pick better harmonics and get more effects.
Bigsby tremolo is the one you would probably get, but its only for vibrato.
Quote by Aeroblast

*Insert link to "How to whammy without a whammy bar" here*
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Is it even possible to put a floyd on LP's?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
has anyone seen that les paul with a floyd rose on it?
that would be a fun project too.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Your only real option is either a stetsbar or a bigsby.

I'm willing to bet a stetsbar costs almost as much as your guitar, unless you have one of those real nice Epi's. They're like $400.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Ya the Les Paul axcess or something like that was announced a while back. It was a les paul with a floyd.
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by slipmaggot93

There is an Eclipse with a Floyd.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by rafarquhar
Your only real option is either a stetsbar or a bigsby.

I'm willing to bet a stetsbar costs almost as much as your guitar, unless you have one of those real nice Epi's. They're like $400.

thats not true. he can get a floyd rose installed but it might cost a bit over 100 to install it considering you have to route out some of the body to get the right fit. while you may lose some sustain you gain that killer ability to dive bomb and crap. and for those who dont know,the first floyd rose was intsalled on a les paul. and another lovely tidbit of information is that Neil Schon has a les paul with a floyd rose on it and if you want to get back the sustain you can add a fernandes sustainer like on this les with a floyd.

(the sustainer is in the neck position for those who dont know what it looks like)

Here's a picture of a les with a floyd rose for you if you want a basic idea of what it would look like.
VVVV
http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/wnamm05_gibson_schon.jpg
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Last edited by Mattylightning at Sep 5, 2008,
Pfft don't waste money on an axcess. You could get a friggin real-deal ESP for that price. Les paul+whammy bar=fail IMO.

Just save the money for a guitar that comes with one and is suited for it. Otherwise, you'll spend a good deal of money on the bridge and do quite a bit of routing.
Quote by chuckflan333
*Insert link to "How to whammy without a whammy bar" here*

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
after the money your going to spend to get a floyd (going on the assumption that you want something along the lines of a floyd) rout the body for it, get it installed, you're better off just getting a guitar with a floyd in it.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Don't even think about putting a tremolo/vibrato on you LP, if you want a tremolo, get an ESP, or Kramer. Have played them both and the whammy effects are amazing when played with the right amp.
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
Alex Lifeson of Rush has one, so its possible, and im pretty sure his Les Paul sustains just as much as everyone elses
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by slipmaggot93

it exists.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
Last edited by GuitarGuy X at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by Shawn Sousa
So i have an epiphone les paul and i was wondering wat i can do yto put in a whammy bar. i dont want to saw anything or do anything really to my guitar that can be fixed after ward

any ideas?

Ok, the Age Old "Les Paul Whammy" question. You have about 4 options:
1. Get a Stetsbar, No drilling Required.
2. Get a Bigsby, No Drilling required
3. Take yout LP to a Guitar Shop and Have them install a "insert whammy of choice here", Drilling Required.
4. Buy a new LP that Comes with a Whammy. Epiphone made one with a Floyd a while ago, and I have heard rumors of a Gibson with a whammy.

PORBLEMS:
1. No real problems, but it is more of a tremolo than a whammy. (aka NO dive bombs)
2. It looks UGLY, and si more of a trem than a whammy
3. Costs $$$, might change your guitar's sound slightly (unlikely, probably not very noticeable if it does)
4. It isn't the Les Paul that you want with a whammy on it, Costs $$

That Sums Up My Knowledge Base of the "LPW" Question, and I share your pain as a LP lover, but am comforted in the fact that I also love V's
Quote by slipmaggot93

it would also be sacrelige.
I've seen a few Les Pauls (one of them was a 1960 ) routed and fitted with a floyd rose.

Out of interest, is there a problem with the string spacing?

I vaguely knew a guy who fitted one right on his strat with no allignment alteration required, and it transpires to me that the spacing is different on a les paul.

I think that it's the way to go if you want a vibrato unit though. I've never had much joy with a bigsby in terms of coaxing versatile effects.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I've seen a few Les Pauls (one of them was a 1960 ) routed and fitted with a floyd rose.

Out of interest, is there a problem with the string spacing?

I vaguely knew a guy who fitted one right on his strat with no allignment alteration required, and it transpires to me that the spacing is different on a les paul.

I think that it's the way to go if you want a vibrato unit though. I've never had much joy with a bigsby in terms of coaxing versatile effects.

yeah those 1960s les pauls had the ORIGINAL first version of the floyd rose on them. after all,the first floyd rose was on a les paul.

(Invalid img)

while it may say bigsby on there it IS an original floyd rose if you want proof click this link to the Floyd rose website's page about the bridge.

www.floydrose.com/firstbridge.html
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Quote by dcdossett65
Is it even possible to put a floyd on LP's?

I've seen one with a floyd once before. It looked really out of place on a gibson. I'd deffinately have that kind of work done by a proffessional.