So I have somewhere between $500-1000 I haven't used for much and instead of blowing it on a PS3 or something, I think I should add some stuff to my gear.

Now, my amp absolutely destroys, and I'm happy with my guitars, too.

But I really only have that (check sig). Bare bones. Guitar, amp, period. No effects, no wireless, nothing.

I play metal almost exclusively, lead and rhythm.

Please don't waste your time with 'ZOMG THINK FOR YUERSELFZZ!!" because this is somewhat light-hearted. I'm curious as to what fellow UGers would do with some cash for music. Please explain WHY you post what you post! Why should I buy it?

So, pimp my gear!
Last edited by Gordita Supreme at Sep 5, 2008,
Get a wah pedal.

most badass effect ever.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Okay... so what kind of wah is easy to switch on while playing, and has a good range?

I don't want to sound like Kirk Hammett.
+1 on the Seven String Idea.
that's something that'll always broaden your knowledge of the guitar
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Get a wah, whammy, and delay. You could spend countless hours making friggin awesome crazy sounds with it, especially if you have a floyd on your hellraiser.
Umm First off if you play metal get a Engl Fireball head for like 1300 and you wont need any effects. On the side of effects nobodys complete without a chorus pedal. I use a Voodoo Labs chorus, I recomend going to your local music store and trying out some pedals. Personally I use a Line six Dl-4 Digital delay. Voodoo labs chorus and tremolo. Electro harmonix holygrail reverb and electric mistress flanger. an mxr phaze 90 and a Crybaby wah, oh and I cant forget my boss pedal tuner. I'd invest in some good straplock for those crazy out of control guitar flips like dimarzio cliplocks. Invest In some good Cables, and maybe a pedal board.
Spc. Alex A Colby 182 Sapper Co. ( Boston to Baghdad )
Quote by alexxxislove
Umm First off if you play metal get a Engl Fireball head for like 1300 and you wont need any effects. On the side of effects nobodys complete without a chorus pedal. I use a Voodoo Labs chorus, I recomend going to your local music store and trying out some pedals. Personally I use a Line six Dl-4 Digital delay. Voodoo labs chorus and tremolo. Electro harmonix holygrail reverb and electric mistress flanger. an mxr phaze 90 and a Crybaby wah, oh and I cant forget my boss pedal tuner. I'd invest in some good straplock for those crazy out of control guitar flips like dimarzio cliplocks. Invest In some good Cables, and maybe a pedal board.

My head stomps on that. I don't need effects, learn to read. I said I have money for some toys.

Straplocks sounds good, and maybe a wireless. Suggestions?
Delay and Chorus pedal...you can never be too 80's cheesy hair metal with your cleans.
I second (or maybe third?) the Wah idea. I got hooked on a Morley Tremonti model and I highly suggest it.

Also, why not look at some decent boost / distortion effects? I bought the Keeley DS-1 and TS-9 models and they are two different flavors of the same thing: more in-your-face bone-burning distortion. I use them in front of my amp's dirty channel to make it even more harmonically rich and over the top.

Wireless couldn't hurt also! All in all, I'd pick the wah or the pedals. It's your rig though man so go try some stuff out!
Heeding the call, one and for all, never surrender, with glory we fall!
Last edited by NegaGhostRider at Sep 5, 2008,
Quote by NegaGhostRider
I second (or maybe third?) the Wah idea. I got hooked on a Morley Tremonti model and I highly suggest it.

Also, why not look at some decent boost / distortion effects? I bought the Keeley DS-1 and TS-9 models and they are two different flavors of the same thing: more in-your-face bone-burning distortion.

My distortion is all set with the amp.
Quote by Gordita Supreme
Okay... so what kind of wah is easy to switch on while playing, and has a good range?

I don't want to sound like Kirk Hammett.

take a look at the Morley Mark Tremonti Wah. they're switchless and have awesome range
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
take a look at the Morley Mark Tremonti Wah. they're switchless and have awesome range

If they're switchless how do they turn on/off? Price?
It's really a preference thing with effects. If you don't already have one get a tuner and a metronome. For metal, common effects include: delay, wah, and phaser.

A wah would go in front of the amp.

If you're using the amp's distortion, phasing and delay effects might be a problem as these usually go behind the distortion. I personally think phasers sound like crap when they're in front of the distortion. Hopefully, the amp's effects loop for your particular amp head will be after the distortion, but you'll have to try it out.

You might also look into a Multi-Effects Unit. I'd stay away from the cheaper units. I don't have a lot of experience in this area, but I like what I've heard from Vox and Roland. Haven't liked Boss' ME or GT stuff or Line 6's POD.
Last edited by FlyingBeerman at Sep 6, 2008,