i know how to do barre chords i been doing them for 3 years or more but im noticing some problems

for example if i do this major barre chord kind of thing
b-----3
g----3
d----3
a----1

i start going down doing doing the same thing my elbow touches my stomach when i get around the 5th how can i avoid this? is it my posture? or should i change the fingering to use only 2 fingers?

and i have a question when the frets get really small how should i do this barre chord?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
try bringing your elbow forward and more under the neck, that might help
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Does it hinder your playing, or is it uncomfortable?

If it does neither, you dont really need to change it.

If it does one of the two, then you already know the problem which is half of fixing it. Now you have to just concentrate on it to fix it
Quote by stefan1988
i know how to do barre chords i been doing them for 3 years or more but im noticing some problems

for example if i do this major barre chord kind of thing
b-----3
g----3
d----3
a----1

i start going down doing doing the same thing my elbow touches my stomach when i get around the 5th how can i avoid this? is it my posture? or should i change the fingering to use only 2 fingers?

and i have a question when the frets get really small how should i do this barre chord?

any help is appreciated

if it affects your playing you can fix either of those. try to put your thumb on the middle of the back of the neck. that should curl your fingers, giving you more strength and if you fix your posture too, it will keep your elbow away from your body.
Does it hinder your playing, or is it uncomfortable?

If it does neither, you dont really need to change it.

If it does one of the two, then you already know the problem which is half of fixing it. Now you have to just concentrate on it to fix it

it kind of hinders my playing since it hits me on the stomach as i need to go down and i bend my wrist in an uncomfortable position

if it affects your playing you can fix either of those. try to put your thumb on the middle of the back of the neck. that should curl your fingers, giving you more strength and if you fix your posture too, it will keep your elbow away from your body.

im trying to do with 2 fingers but the fingers feel really akward in that position

can you guys post a video of a lesson of using 2 fingers for barre chord major shapes kind of thing? or some links?

i know there was a pick n grin lesson on it but cant find the damm thing anywhere

any help is appreciated and sorry i took so long to reply i been a little busy
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash