For those who don't know what it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomania

I don't quite remember how I stumbled upon the article for Hypomania, but ever since I have, I've been feeling almost sick to my stomach on how the symptoms for Hypomania damn near perfectly fit my personality and mood most of the time.

One of the strongest points is the feeling of either extreme happiness, sadness or anger without any sort of news at all to make me feel that way. I sometimes get very angry and hours after feeling like that, I sit down and think why I am angry, only to think of absolutely nothing that would upset me, yet, continue to feel that way.

Hell, one other symptom was increase attention of religion in the 4 day period and it shocked me when I realized that only a week or so prior to when I looked up the disorder, I had a strange desire to read the bible and ended up watching videos on YouTube about Heaven and Hell. I also tattered my brain about that for the next day and then later, just completely didn't care whatsoever.

Here's the thing though, because I'm also young, I'm told that I'm probably just over reacting or acting melodramatic(which is quite possible), but I've never really acted 'normally' when in comparison to my friends or family. Not even to mention my insecurity, paranoia and narcissistic personality....

TL;DR: The symptoms for a mental disorder called 'Hypomania' perfectly fit my attitude and personality and I'm not sure if I'm just overacting or if I do actually have a problem...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
aidz??
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I've said this in a previous thread... your brain is a powerful thing, It's very easy to "see" symptoms that arent there. Your brain can very well create symptoms especially ones that aren't physical.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Your brain can do almost anything...Think about it. Actually don't. You're brain is conspiring against you.
Quote by BostonLP
I've said this in a previous thread... your brain is a powerful thing, It's very easy to "see" symptoms that arent there. Your brain can very well create symptoms especially ones that aren't physical.
Yeah, I know.

I question if I am actually feeling what I think I am. Part of me wants to have it just so I can explain to everyone why I act so different sometimes...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
conversion disorder
if you think you have it your brain will think you have it and you will exhibit symptoms
You know, metaldud, you don't have to make the pokemon jokes...
Haha but it does sound like an attack.

To TS, it's not life threatening, and how severe are your symptoms?
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by BostonLP

This.
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
you are just trying to find reasons to convince yourself you have it. proposterous!
.. or it could be psychsomatic, i.e. self-affirming. You think you have it, therefore you have it. It's like my psych teacher said the other day, if you're not looking for weird behavior in a person you won't see any unless they act really bizarre but if you're looking for it every little thing they do is weird. You're looking for actions confirming your diagnosis of hypomania and thus you find these actions. You select memories that affirm your hypothesis (memories that come to the surface easily because they're unusual, rather than normal), again reinforcing your belief.
Either way, it's all in your head
Quote by hide_the_beer
You know, metaldud, you don't have to make the pokemon jokes...
Haha but it does sound like an attack.

To TS, it's not life threatening, and how severe are your symptoms?

Alright. Honestly I first read this as "I think I have Hippomania"
Quote by Nightfyre
.. or it could be psychsomatic, i.e. self-affirming. You think you have it, therefore you have it. It's like my psych teacher said the other day, if you're not looking for weird behavior in a person you won't see any unless they act really bizarre but if you're looking for it every little thing they do is weird. You select memories that affirm your hypothesis (memories that come to the surface easily because they're unusual, rather than normal), thus reinforcing your belief.
Either way, it's all in your head
Well it might be.

But I've never been able to act normally around people even before looking up the disorder.

Then again, a lot of people do. Ruling this out would mean that I only have about 5 or 6 other problems though
Quote by Teh Forest King
The Pit isn't a doctor, if you seriously think you have hypomania, go to your GP or a physiologist (whoever deals with these sorts of disorders) and have them perform a diagnosis on you.

oh, i do too. see? <3 hypno ^_^
i hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
building inside of me
to murder everything
i hope they cannot see
i am the great destroyer
Bulbasoar Use Hypomania
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Bulbasaur can't use hypomania, it's a leaf pokémon. It would have to be like...Hunter or Ghastly or some shit.

You should check in with a physician or therapist. Don't take your symptoms off the internet and compare it to your life, it'll trick your brain, if that makes sense.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter