hey guys. hoping i can get some help.

i need my guitar working by monday for school, it's been "out of order" for about 3 weeks cuz i broke my high e string and haven't had time to get a new one.
so tonight i go out and buy a new set of strings and a spare pack, and i put my string on, and i attach it to the bridge, but when i try to tighten it to tune, it unravels and pops off. i tried several times, wrapping it different directions, flipping the string around, and nothing works. it keeps slipping out.

i use normal tension nylon strings (d'addario) and i have a classical acoustic guitar

my brother's gunna take a look at it tonight, but if he can't get it to work, i'm gunna take it in to the music shop and have someone there take a look at it. is it possible that i need a new bridge?

any suggestions?

thanks lots.
RAWR Means I Love You In Dino
if i bought ball ends do i have to get a new bridge? mine's really old...i duno if i can get those...lol. then again i duno a whole lot so i duno
ball end strings have little balls on the end so that u dont have to tie knots, just ask the guy at the pawn shop for ball end strings if u want, i dont thing it will be a problem as long as the bridge isnt horribley cracking

SHAKA ZULU!
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
thanks lots. this really pisses me off! i'll go to the guitar place tomorrow and see what i can do.
Dont Give Up! Tie The Strings!!!! I Believe In You!!!!
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
lol thanks. i know how to tie the strings...they just keep slipping..no matter how tight i pull them with the pliers:P