My last 2 Line 6 Pod X3 lives have fallen apart, so I'm heading back to guitar center soon to replace it. If they let me exchange it for something else (i'm hoping they will) what should I do? Get another multi-effect one, or a couple single ones?
I'd say single ones.
I've always preferred singles over multi F/X's
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Could SOMEONE shed light on why singles are superior to multiFX pedals?
Singles usually have more capabilites.. like being very diverse and easy to tweak.. and are much better quality sounding effects.. not as amateaur sounding if you know what I mean..
multi-effects also sound alot more digital.. even if the single pedal is digital.
I would probably never hook up a multi-effects pedal to my amp.
Hmm.. if I was to get, say 4-5 singles, what would be essential ones?
Wah, chorus, delay, phaser/flanger, overdrive/distortion, reverb if it's not on your amp, and maybe a noise gate if you get lots of feedback.
Lol, my amp.. is from 1958.. maybe I should invest in a decent amp first.. not saying this one isn't decent though.
The problem with a lot of multi-effects is that they are "the jack of all trades and master of none." They do tons of things, just not really well. Ask, yourself "What effects do I use regularly?" I personally prefer to use an od, wah, delay, fuzz and maybe an eq but some people like phasers and chorus pedals and all sorts of shit. If you only use a few things, get individual pedals. And if your amp is from 1958, it is probably worth a small fortune and sounds fantastic. I probably wouldn't even defile it with pedals but I understand that you don't have another amp. Keep that amp and keep it in good condition my friend
How important is an EQ?

And also another question.. will GC actually LET me exchange the pedal for score credit or whatever so I can get other pedals? I have a warranty.
Best to ask guitar center would they would do about an exchange. As for multi fx and single pedals there are pros and cons to both. Multi effects let you save patches that can be easily recalled, could be nice if you play live or if you like to have many different sounds for differnt songs. Not all single pedals will give you better quality than say a Boss GT10 you need to buy good single pedals and no single manufacture is master of all types of pedals. The nice thing about single pedals is you can buy just the ones you want at the quality you want.
I'd rather have 1 pedal that does something really well than 1 that does lots of things reasonably well. Thats my reasoning why Single > Multi.
Quote by arte
How important is an EQ?

And also another question.. will GC actually LET me exchange the pedal for score credit or whatever so I can get other pedals? I have a warranty.

Yes you can do that. you will get store credit, not cash though.

I personally think an eq is very important though not everyone does. It is used for really dialing in on a tone.