The Nacerima. A strange and wonderful people with exotic customs.

This article is an anthropological study of these gentle people which describes a lot of their customs, traditions and beliefs. Give it a read. It is a long read, but it is definitely worth it.

It is interesting, as a side note, that some of the words in this text, if read backwards perhaps reveal the authors true intent.

Here is an excerpt from a Nacerima tribal chant.

I egdelp ecnaigella
ot eht galf
fo eht detinu setats fo acirema
dna ot eht noitan rof hcihw ti sdnats

https://www.msu.edu/~jdowell/miner.html
Ah yes, the sregrub and seirf. The tradtional meal of the Nacerima family. It is often consumed after much consulting with their "God box" which they call Noisivelet
Quote by Seryaph
Ah yes, the sregrub and seirf. The tradtional meal of the Nacerima family. It is often consumed after much consulting with their "God box" which they call Noisivelet

of course, how could i forget the Noisivelet.
such an interesting invention, but so useless.
their people have become so ritualistically obsessed with pleasing it that they've begun to trade large amounts of currency purely to find new ways to enjoy its dominion over their lives.
Quote by esumevol
of course, how could i forget the Noisivelet.
such an interesting invention, but so useless.
their people have become so ritualistically obsessed with pleasing it that they've begun to trade large amounts of currency purely to find new ways to enjoy its dominion over their lives.

Well yes, the Noisivelet is all powerful within their society. It can fulfill any role within the nuclear family unit, as well as some other ones such as medicine man, spirit guide, the story teller and of course, the sex ed. guide.

Angering the Noisivelet is considered taboo within the society and anyone who does so becomes a social pariah at best, is executed with crude, barbaric, mob-induced methods, at worst.

It has been postulated by some anthropologists that without the Noisivelet, the Nacerima society would have collapsed and reverted back to the stone age and monosyllabic grunting for communication.
Quote by Seryaph

It has been postulated by some anthropologists that without the Noisivelet, the Nacerima society would have collapsed and reverted back to the stone age and monosyllabic grunting for communication.

i wouldnt be surprised.
as it is, the nacerima are already a society on the brink of implosion, its many tribal battles, lack of currency due to poor spending by the war chiefs, and the slow decline in services the average member can provide, are causing a decline of both its members wellbeing and its relationship with neighboring tribes.
in my opinion, without a true leader with ideas beyond worshiping the noisivelet, they will become a failed society and a burden on those around them.
Quote by esumevol
i wouldnt be surprised.
as it is, the nacerima are already a society on the brink of implosion, its many tribal battles, lack of currency due to poor spending by the war chiefs, and the slow decline in services the average member can provide, are causing a decline of both its members wellbeing and its relationship with neighboring tribes.
in my opinion, without a true leader with ideas beyond worshiping the noisivelet, they will become a failed society and a burden on those around them.

Hmm . . . indeed, that is an acute observation.

One can only hope that the efforts of said new leader are not too little too late . . .