My friend plays the electric guitar and he has pedals. I didn't want to seem like an idiot in front of him so I didn't ask. Does a pedal change the sound?
It uses an effect. this guy is using a fuzz pedal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EqrQPbOhDo

Look up "guitar pedal" or something on YouTube and there are JILLIONS of effect pedals!

i.e. Wah, tremelo, distortion, fuzz, equalizer, delay, chorus, flanger, loop stations, reverb, blues driver, whammy, noise gate, sustainer, suppressor, shifter, volume, OD, phaser, harmonizers/octave pedals, acoustic simulators, tube simulator type things, pedal boards all kinds of junk.

I named all I could
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by imafool18 at Sep 6, 2008,
Yes. Depending on what the pedal's effect is, a different sound or tone will come out, almost always when you press a switch or button.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
they add effects, like distortion, flange, chorus, and signal boosts
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Yep.

Pedals are generally used to replicate effects, such as delay, distortion, reverb, etc.

There are also EQ pedals, among others.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Pedals serve different purposes. Some distort the signal(distortion pedals) some tweak it in certain ways(EQ, reverb, chorus) some are for effects(whammy, detune, envelop, talk box, phaser, flange) and some are time based effects, such as delay and loop pedals. . . some pedals will sample what you play and play it backwards, stuff like that. . . and some pedals are just chromatic tuners or noise gates. . .
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by larrytheguitar
My friend plays the electric guitar and he has pedals. I didn't want to seem like an idiot in front of him so I didn't ask. Does a pedal change the sound?

Never be afraid to ask a "nooby" question.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
I would invest in a Boss GT 6 or GT 8 multiple effects processor if you ever get the money. . . . I've wanted one of those for awhile, tested them out, never got around to getting one though, they are pretty tough suckers. . . . I heard Opeth used a GT 6 for all of their albums until just recently. . .
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.

BTW, What pedal Should I get next.

I already have Chorus, Delay, and Phaser.

I was thinking WAH!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
That green Line 6 Loop pedal. . . screw a wah. . . I would like to beat a few guitarists with their wah's
Quote by paranoid joker