i have some finger injuries, my right hand index finger bent a while a go and i think its pretty big, i feel its too fat, i cant bend it very well, and when i play for a while the middle joint hurts, and my left hand middle finger whenever i bend it, it cracks in a certain moment of the way up when i raise it, i dont know if this is ok... i dont think it hurts, its just annoying, that finger is also crooked i think.

so, should i do some kind of exercises to get my fingers to normal?

or is this ok?

i need help.

thanks.
Last edited by alexcp94 at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by alexcp94
i have some finger injuries, my right hand index finger bent a while a go and i think its pretty big, i feel its too fat, i cant bend it very well, and when i play for a while the middle joint hurts, and my left hand middle finger whenever i bend it, it cracks in a certain moment of the way up when i raise it, i dont know if this is ok... i dont think it hurts, its just annoying, that finger is also crooked i think.

so, should i do some kind of exercises to get my fingers to normal?

or is this ok?

i need help.

thanks.

This doesn't sound like anything exercises (besides physical therapy) can fix, mate. Personally, I think the smartest choice would be to talk to a doctor about this.
Get a book on Do - In massage, and work on your hands and fingers. It an oriental self healing art that relies on massaging parts of your body to strengthen and heal them. Its really easy and effective.

If you have a serious strain on your finger, then you should ease up on heavy playing and give it a bit of time to heal. Or play for shorter periods of time.

I think if it hurts to much internally, then you shouldn't be playing. You could seriously damage your hand. But if its ok for a while and then starts to niggle a bit. Just have regular breaks, give it a strectch and don't push it too much.

If you sprained your ankle you wouldn't go for a ten mile hike, but doing a few hundred yards is good for the healing process. Rebuild the strength slowly.
Ask a physiotherapist, not a guitar forum.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Dude, if you think theres something wrong with yer finger, dont go to a guitar forum with it. Go to a doctor. More specifically, get an x-ray. That will clear things up. And if the problem persists, stop putting pressure on that finger. Wait about a month, and try again. If that doesnt work, i dont know what will.
No offence, even though im paying myself out, but us guitarists aren't exactly the smartest of all. Well guess we are but not like that. We think that, something wrong, the answer is exercises. So yeh go get it checked out. The weird thing is that you injured your right index, but the left one cracks. wtf. Let me know why when you find out, be interesting
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
and this injuris are old, my index finger of my right hand is inflammed i think.