TrendMicro
I hate you.
Your program whinges and complains EVERY ****ING TIME I turn on my goddamn computer.
Today, it deleted one of the most important programs on my computer making useless my music composition for my HSC.
In case TrendMicro has employees who are equally as retarded as the Internet Security Pro program, the HSC stands for Higher School Certificate. This composition is due in to the board of studies on Monday, two days from now and if I do not submit it, I will not pass my music elective class.
**** you.
**** you.
**** you.

This is not the first time that I have had problems with this program. I am at the stage now where I would genuinely prefer to leave my computer unprotected than look at that red circle in the corner of my screen complaining about something else which is absolutely not a threat.
Also, from my experience in the past, I have learnt that this will not get read by anyone with any human qualities whatsoever, and in the months to come, I may receive an email beginning with “dear valued customer”. Of course, any company which actually values their customers who pay $150 to use their program for a year would probably reply with something useful, for example, the answer to the customers problem, as opposed to “try switching your personal firewall profile” (no really, that’s what I was told. Obviously, it didn’t work), and would probably reply within 24 hours as promised. TrentMicro manages to create a new level of arrogance, disrespect and overall uncaring for a consumer.

Your program blocks websites which are not of any danger to anyone for any reason. It deletes files without warning upon trying to open them. It slows a computer down significantly. It has the worst customer service that I have ever heard of. And finally it attempts to ruin my future!

You see, TrendMicro, I would like to become either a lawyer or a doctor. I am on the right road to achieving this goal, and next year, I hope to take a combined course of law and psychology at university. Unfortunately, I cannot get in to university if I do not pass the HSC. As you can see, I am in a bit of a bad situation right now, after all, your program tried to delete something which I desperately need to pass the HSC. Hmmm.

TrendMicro, I sincerely hope that the water leading through the fire sprinkler system is replaced with bleach which blinds or kills every single person in the building in a false-alarm fire. I hope the CEO of TrendMicro has his family killed in a violent murder, and I hope that the killer gets away. And the creators of Internet Security Pro… I hope the creators have their tongues fall out, I hope their ear drums are pierced with needles, I hope their eyes are stabbed with a red-hot fire poker and I hope that their spinal cords are broken so that they cannot ever communicate another idea as bad as Internet Security Pro.

TrendMicro,
**** you.

Sincerely,
One of your valued customers.

I am extremely dissatisfied with TrendMicro's Internet Security Pro anti-virus program. The above quote contains a letter which i plan to send to TrendMicro. Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve it?

Also, for something to talk about - when have you been extremely dissatisfied with a company? Share your stories.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
um, i suggest removing the parts where you say "fuck you." that is, if you want them to take you seriously at all.

if they see that, there is a good chance they wont even take it seriously.
Quote by daytripper75
um, i suggest removing the parts where you say "fuck you." that is, if you want them to take you seriously at all.

if they see that, there is a good chance they wont even take it seriously.

i was thinking about that, too. there was a lot more swearing in it, which i deleted after i settled down a bit.
i'll take it out, i think.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

I love your language you use in this. I could use you as a speech writer. I hear grumblings from the little people more and more everyday, and I feel that the force and evilness you exude in your words is perfect for the dominating image I need to display.
Wait... you're in college and you've never heard of backing up your assignments?

That's one of the first things you learn in college. Buy a portable usb memory and always carry it with you. Either that or email yourself your papers as attachments in an email.

EDIT: Still, sorry to hear about it. Although to be honest i wouldn't even consider taking you seriously with a leter like that.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Wait... you're in college and you've never heard of backing up your assignments?

That's one of the first things you learn in college. Buy a portable usb memory and always carry it with you. Either that or email yourself your papers as attachments in an email.

i have plenty of backups of the composition. Internet Security Pro deleted guitar pro, so i cant play or edit the composition.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by instagata0
i have plenty of backups of the composition. Internet Security Pro deleted guitar pro, so i cant play or edit the composition.

PM CowboyUp.

I'll try sending you the user id/key in a min.

Congratulations, you've learned a big mistake thats called "relying on technology"

I'm pretty sure they could like, take legal action against you for that if they wanted or something :\
Quote by HighPotency
Congratulations, you've learned a big mistake thats called "relying on technology"

I'm pretty sure they could like, take legal action against you for that if they wanted or something :\

under the Sale of Goods Act 1923, all goods or services sold must be of merchantable quality. I could probably sue them too, if i wanted....
(thats a joke, i know they could take legal action, but based on the number of problems that i have had with this problem, i'll guess that something like this is fairly frequent)

Quote by evening_crow
PM CowboyUp.

I'll try sending you the user id/key in a min.

thanks, but it's alright. im already pirating another version of guitar pro. it should be done some time late tonight, so i can work on it tomorrow. although when youre taking the HSC, you always promise yourself that you arent going to work on a submitted work the day before its due because you dont want to do a bad job. i guess its just unfortunate.

anyway, thanks but it will be okay, i think.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by instagata0
thanks, but it's alright. im already pirating another version of guitar pro. it should be done some time late tonight, so i can work on it tomorrow. although when youre taking the HSC, you always promise yourself that you arent going to work on a submitted work the day before its due because you dont want to do a bad job. i guess its just unfortunate.

anyway, thanks but it will be okay, i think.

Actually i already sent you the link, user id, and key. Check your inbox.

Quote by HighPotency
Congratulations, you've learned a big mistake thats called "relying on technology :\

Agreed (as a university student who's been effed over himself).
"But first...are you...experienced?"
Last edited by w1L17 at Sep 6, 2008,
Take out all the death threats; state what went wrong and how screwed you are; and take out the profanity and it'd be good. Whether or not they'll do anything about it(or even send you an "oops, our bad; dawg" letter) is a different story.

As for dissatisfaction with certain companies; SunCom is near the top of my list. Two years ago I bought a phone from them(both my brother and I bought phones actually); and to make a long story short; our modest cell phone bills rose up to about 600 dollars a month; the service sucked; and the phones they gave us were shitty(as in; they were recalled a few months before we got them...). After telling them to **** off and canceling the service; they decided to charge us a whopping 1500 dollars; along with changing our past bills and saying we owe more/never paid. We still have the phones; off and tucked away; and are debating on taking legal action.

Dell is number one on my list. I don't consider myself much of a computer expert; but I take care of my stuff(we have a Gateway from 1999 that still works; our first computer). But between everyone in my family we have 6 Dells; 3 desktops and 3 laptops. Each of them; within a year has had some major hardware problem(my laptop was a month out of the box when the dvd drive and the hard drive clunked out on me). With me; they replaced my hard drive with another one that had the same problem(I still think that they just swapped stickers; cleared it out; and just sent it back to me.). But my brother got the worst treatment for them. About a month or two before his warranty went out; something on his laptop crapped out(the motherboard I think; along with the hard drive; dvd drive; and practically everything else). Basically they stalled/BSed around; keeping him on the phone for hours everyday. Eventually this bullshit went on past the warranty; and they told him that since it was out of warranty(because they were dicking around instead of taking care of the problem) that they weren't gonna do anything about it. When they finally agreed to let him mail his laptop in; they didn't fix it; but sent him a "new" refurbished laptop. When my brother threatened with the BBB the supervisor actually *laughed* at him. With good reason too; the BBB didn't do jack-shit.

My brother tracked down the address to John Dell(Bill Dell? Whoever the hell the head of Dell is.), and we'll be mailing him until we get ahold of his phone number(then we'll call every day). Somebody that got screwed over like us supposedly got what they needed by harassing him.

Use the power of the internet to get the personal information of the head honcho; if you think you've really been wrong; and mail him a professional sounding letter saying that you'll do all you can to keep people you know(and don't know) away from their product because of your horrible experience.

Sorry this was so long.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
While you're waiting for it to download or whatever, try tuxguitar (just google it).

It opens GP files and you can edit and do basically everything you can do in PowerTab or Guitar Pro with it.

Also, I'd be removing that last paragraph where you talk about the dying and death and stuff.
the idea is to be nice, as alot of these responses have already told you. i work in a video store, and a dickhead that comes in complaining is the last person i would help. but i have to, but if a nice person came in and raised the issue in a polite matter, i would take care of it immediately.

also: moar goatse.
yah take out the threats
they will take you more seriously if you keep it professional

another thing that is very effective is, find out who the president is and courier the letter directly to him.
i've done that before and got immediate results for my situation
cause he's saying why the fu ck am i dealing with this?
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by dio_dude
the idea is to be nice, as alot of these responses have already told you. i work in a video store, and a dickhead that comes in complaining is the last person i would help. but i have to, but if a nice person came in and raised the issue in a polite matter, i would take care of it immediately.

also: moar goatse.

i have sent many, many emails politely complaining about the program and asking how to fix it. it always says i'll get a response within 24 hours, but i never have. it always has a very inhuman template like this:
"dear valued customer,
My name is Ace!!!!!
To fix your problem, please change your personal firewall!!

To change your personal firewall follow these steps!
1. right click on the TrendMicro icon!
2. scroll to 'change my personal firewall!
3. click "home network"!

Your problem should now be fixed!

Hit me up with how it went! hope to hear from you again!

From Ace!"

I have been more than polite for months and months, and i am fed up with being polite and getting no response or help with any of my problems with Internet Security Pro.
At least this way, i'll be letting off a bit of steam. I honestly dont expect them to take any notice of it. I would just like for ONE of their employees to receive an abusive letter...

I don know why, but it will make me feel better...
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by clancy256
yah take out the threats
they will take you more seriously if you keep it professional

another thing that is very effective is, find out who the president is and courier the letter directly to him.
i've done that before and got immediate results for my situation
cause he's saying why the fu ck am i dealing with this?

That's actually a really good idea. Do this, TS.
I tried re-writing your letter, tell me what you think:

TrendMicro
I have grown to loathe you.
Your program whinges and complains EVERY SINGLE TIME I turn on my computer.
Today, it deleted one of the most important programs on my computer, essentially making useless my music composition for my HSC (HSC stands for Higher School Certificate, needed to further my schooling).
This composition is due in to the board of studies on Monday, two days from now and if I do not submit it, I will not pass my music elective class.

This is not the first time that I have had problems with this program. I am at the stage now where I would genuinely prefer to leave my computer unprotected than look at that red circle in the corner of my screen complaining about something else which is absolutely not a threat.
From my experience in the past, I have learnt that this will not get read by anyone with any human qualities whatsoever, and in the months to come, I may receive an email beginning with “dear valued customer”. Of course, any company which actually values their customers (people who pay $150 to use their program for a year) would probably reply with something useful, for example, the answer to the customer's problem, as opposed to “try switching your personal firewall profile” (No really, that’s what I was told. Obviously, it didn’t work), and would probably reply within 24 hours as promised. TrendMicro manages to soar to grand new levels of arrogance, disrespect and overall unsatisfactory consumer relations.

Your program blocks websites which are not of any danger to anyone for any reason. It deletes files without warning upon trying to open them. It slows a computer down significantly. It has the worst customer service that I have ever had to deal with. And finally it attempts put my future in serious jeopardy.

You see, TrendMicro, I would like to become either a lawyer or a doctor. I am on the right road to achieving this goal, and next year, I hope to take a combined course of law and psychology at university. Unfortunately, I cannot get in to university if I do not pass the HSC. As you can see, I am in a dire situation right now, after all, your program tried to delete something which I desperately need to pass the HSC.

TrendMicro, my many years of life experience has taught me that to be kind to my peers, and that the use of obscenities in speech or text is not the proper way to converse with a person/company. With this, and the golden rule "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all", in mind, here is what I think of you, and your program at this very moment in time:

*big blank space*

Sincerely,
One of your valued customers.
Remove the threats and the cursing if you nwat them to take you seriously. If you don't care, then by all means leave the cursing in. However, unless you want a potential lawsuit, I'd take out the threats.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm