we are playing on stage in a few weeks, we practiced at the venue yesterday and this is what we did:
on the extreme left was one guitar amp, center-left was 1 bass amp, center right was one keyboard amp, extreme right was other guitar amp.

what we found was even though the sound levels were right, the guitar sound wasnt too good. for examps one side of the audience would only hear the rhythm guitar and the other side of the audience only hear the lead guitar, now thats very awkwerd.

what we did is place the 2 guitar amps 'together' in between the bass and keyboard amps. one could still clearly distinguish between the 2 but we found that the sound was overall better. my question is, is this right what we did? or should we be doing something else like butting them dead center stacked ontop of each other (guitar amps) or something else? help is appreciated.

another thing: we later tried to face the amps (that were at the edge of the stage) towards us, who were on the stage, so the actual speaker faced us. we found that #1 it was better for us to hear each other and we kept more in time, and #2 that the audience got a better sound that wasnt so scratchy etc. is this good? or again should we be doing something else with the amps. im sorry if these questions are too broad just ask me what else i must explain.

much appreciated.
It's basically whatever you guys feel works best.
if the guitars sound better between the bass and keyboard amps, to you as well as to the audience, then by all means put them there
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
My one bit of advice. As a guitarist, stay close to your drummer's left hand - the hi-hat side. When I gig live, I need that hi-hat to keep me in the groove.

Sure, its important what your audience hears, but its more important to groove for your peoiple. If you're in tune with your drummer things will sound awesome, no matter what. Just keep your bassist on the other side. Who needs him anyway LOL!!!!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Yeah, basicaly there's no real right or wrong way to do it, it's mainly about what you're comfortable with.
You can also experiment with raising the cabs up on chairs or tables or/and tipping them back, so that the sound is projected upwards at 45 degrees like a monitor cab does.
Personaly, I'd make sure that one of the guitars was next to the drummer on one side and that the bass was next to the drummer on his other side, I've found it makes it slightly easier for the drummer to monitor what's going on that way.
But it is really all about what you prefere.