I'm starting to run out of songs to teach one of my students, i've taught this one for a while now and i'm starting to run out of ideas. The kid is 9 years old, I've been giving him lots of acdc (hells bells, TNT, Highway To Hell etc.) and metallica riffs (enter sandman, one etc.) and he's going through them fairly easily, any suggestions that are around a similar difficulty level? and before you lecture me about how you can't just teach studnts songs, I don't, I spend more than half the lesson working on theory as well as scales and chords with all of my students. (the rest of my students i'm not struggling to find material for, just this kid) thanks again.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet
Through The Fire and Flames ......do it!
Is it me or has there been alot of "easy-songs for guitar" threads in the pit lately?
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
anything by blink 182

inb4icumblood
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Well you've done acdc and metallica...

... SO I THINK ITS GUNS N ROSES TIME....
Makin love, makin love for two, makin love for two minutes... When its with me you only need two minutes... cuz I’m intense

Proud owner of the Anti Gnome Extermination Confederation.

Give me a yell if you wanna join!!!
Skynyrd may be a nice step up.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Wild Thang!!!
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Black Sabbath
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
you need to give him something thats gonna challenge him. you dont learn anything from a song thats easy to look at and play. try to find some songs with some advanced techniques to build up his skills, if it doesnt piss you off when trying to learn it, its a waste of time. that is if your trying to develop skill. give the kid some megadeth to learn, should be challenging but accomplishable.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Quote by Shredslayer

+1
Quote by XzX_Patrick_XzX
you need to give him something thats gonna challenge him. you dont learn anything from a song thats easy to look at and play. try to find some songs with some advanced techniques to build up his skills, if it doesnt piss you off when trying to learn it, its a waste of time. that is if your trying to develop skill. give the kid some megadeth to learn, should be challenging but accomplishable.

+1
I was going to go with megadeth before I suggested BS
Tornado of souls, holy wars, In my darkest hour should be a good start
Also they have alot of simple riffs to, she-wolf, skin o' my teeth, a tout le monde
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Quote by timo1
Get him to bring in a CD,and then you'll transcribe it.
The kids only 9,so it would be more fun for him to learn songs that he likes.

This. In order to keep him interested you should be letting him play songs he's going to enjoy, that way he'll have a higher chance of keeping up the playing instead of quitting. Ask him what songs he wants to play and occasionally throw in a challenging one that he may not know.
Yeah, thats exactly what i've been doing, he's been asking for metallica and acdc, but those are the only two bands he listens too, I've try to encourage him to listen to some other similar stuff but he just wants to listen to those two bands.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet
Tell him that if he doesn't learn some different band stuff, he's gonna be a worse player for it. Then drop I Cum Blood (I had to, OK?) on him.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
How about showing him some funk or blues? or soul? Even if it's just a few chords like.

Also, I did notice something you said yourself - how about teaching him whole songs apart from the basic riff?

I have no idea if a 9 year old would be able to throw out jammable chord progressions in key or solo with scales and arpeggios, but that to?

Quote by Broken Lungs
Yeah, thats exactly what i've been doing, he's been asking for metallica and acdc, but those are the only two bands he listens too, I've try to encourage him to listen to some other similar stuff but he just wants to listen to those two bands.

If a 9 year old religiously likes those 2 amazing bands, he must be a cool kid.
GnR I think would be a bit to tough, but they do sound awesome

Whole lotta love is good, Houses of the Holy fir another Zeppelin song. Some sweet home Alabama maybe and Wild Thing would be really good to get him started on barre chords if you haven't already.

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Shredslayer

This is probably a good idea, even though it may have been a joke.
get him to bring in his fav cd's etc
or mayb his ipod
system of a down has some easy stuff
try chop suey or toxicity
failing that teach him a few modes scales etc..........
or evan just rape him and mayb get his mum involved
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me