are there any programs i can use to listen to the bass part alone

i would prefer some sort of freeware

thx
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Not really no, that would involve a long and tasking process of seperating out all the frequencies which beleive me is more hassle than its worth.

May i suggest instead guitar pro/powertab, solo the bass through that, its really your only realistic option.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
Not really no, that would involve a long and tasking process of seperating out all the frequencies which beleive me is more hassle than its worth.

May i suggest instead guitar pro/powertab, solo the bass through that, its really your only realistic option.

Thats what I do. If you can get a really decent GuitarPro(with drums and everything) you can use it as a backing track as well.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
A rapper friend of mine uses Guitarpro for his backing tracks, surely real musicians can do it too!
Boost 31-125hz on the Graphic EQ then cut everything else. of your media player. Helps if you wanna hear it.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Unless you have the masters for the track, or an unmixed set for it, no, you can't.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
You can't separate the bass from a track, but you can boost it like richrawr said
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
wait so whats the guitar pro way?

becuz im kinda confused
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
guitar pro is basically a fancy tab, where you get the regular tab notation, as well as a sound file with the actual tab being played for you to play along with.... You need to buy guitar pro to play these files, The demo is free, and it lasts 60 days i think, and the full version is about 50 dollars(i think) You could try torrenting it, but that can be a bit dodgy.

Failing that, boost the bass on your media player EQ and cut the highs, that will make it a little bit easier
Quote by jimmy_neutron
guitar pro is basically a fancy tab, where you get the regular tab notation, as well as a sound file with the actual tab being played for you to play along with.... You need to buy guitar pro to play these files, The demo is free, and it lasts 60 days i think, and the full version is about 50 dollars(i think) You could try torrenting it, but that can be a bit dodgy.

Failing that, boost the bass on your media player EQ and cut the highs, that will make it a little bit easier

Actually, as long as you are not particularly bothered by the illegality of the act, there are many reliable torrents for GuitarPro 5 (version 5.2). In fact, it is a very popular torrent and there should be quite a few seeds.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
am i the only fool who paid 50$ for it? lol jk. but yeah guitar pro is your best bet. its also great as notation software so you can write a bands parts down so you cant forget.

EDIT: Hey sonsie i didnt even notice you started the topic lol
Last edited by MetalBass 77 at Sep 6, 2008,
Guitar pro is easily worth $30. The problem is that they want to charge $50 for it. It's great for learning bass riffs, because you can lower the volume of any given track...which lets you reduce the guitar, but still hear it.
Unless it's some kind of Aebersold track where you can pan out all of the instruments, then no, you would need the masters. Like everyone else says, *ahem* "buying" Guitar Pro is your best bet. You can get a tab for each instrument that can be played by itself so essentially you're getting the track by itself.
Personally, my favorite approach is to listen to the chords and make my own damn basslines for the tune using my friend Music Theory, unless it's a particularly critical and recognizable bassline to be played, in which case you wouldn't have any trouble hearing it anyway.