I currently have a Jackson DK2 Dinky which I am not really happy with, now i was looking at a ibanez rg 370dx but i am worried if that would not be classed as a upgrade, what are your thoughts on the one i got and the ibanez.

I can't afford a lot of money for one currently around £270, but i wouldn't rule out a good second hand one.
Yeah the RG370 isn't really an upgrade, alot of people have problems with the bridge.

Why aren't you happy with the dinky? or do you just want more guitars
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Lots of problems with fret buzz, i can't seem to get a low action on it or a lose tremlo system, my bro's 370 was spot on for what I wanted.

Maybe i just want another guitar hehe, would I be better of buying a second hand better model I wonder.
Well you could get the fret buzz looked at and fixed by a tech for a lot less than £270, its really up to you ofc
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
I've tried doing it myself but found I not got the skills to set it up lol, this was a second hand guitar i got off ebay, it had bottom E string starting at gauge 12, i put some 9's on and its not good really, it never goes out of tune mind.

I put a Ibanez low trs trem onit my brother had on a broken guitar which is much better than the standard one that was on it.
Well £300 would get you a setup and an OFR or some such, OFRs can be bought for around £130, £50 for a setup maybe, not sure about a fret dress tho
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
where abouts in the uk are you buddy?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
thats not too far from the leicester is it? well check out this site http://www.leicestershire-luthier.co.uk/ thats who i bought my guitar to when i was having problems and he sorted it out for me nicely, just ask him to take a look at it and explain to him whats bugging you about it at the moment and im sure he can come up with a solution much better idea than buying a new guitar.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by Deep*Kick
Yeah the RG370 isn't really an upgrade, alot of people have problems with the bridge.

Why aren't you happy with the dinky? or do you just want more guitars

+1

And a good setup at a professional luthier or shop will make guitar kick ass for sho'.

If you really want a new guitar.... save up and get a job, then get an epic guitar!
Quote by lwayneio
thats not too far from the leicester is it? well check out this site http://www.leicestershire-luthier.co.uk/ thats who i bought my guitar to when i was having problems and he sorted it out for me nicely, just ask him to take a look at it and explain to him whats bugging you about it at the moment and im sure he can come up with a solution much better idea than buying a new guitar.

Good find although its close its still 40 miles each way and i have no transport apart from public, not really sure what to do.
setup sounds like a good idea. i'd say that ibanez is a downgrade, if anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Am still interested in getting a new guitar( or better 2nd hand) what sort of thing would be a upgrade but not such a huge jump in price.
Quote by Jabbypants
Am still interested in getting a new guitar( or better 2nd hand) what sort of thing would be a upgrade but not such a huge jump in price.

assuming you want a good locking trem, you'd probably have to go to the ibanez rg1570 to see much of an upgrade, and it could use a pickup swap into the bargain... probably talking around the £500-£600 mark.

if you just don't like your current guitar, you could probably manage a step sideways for around the £300 mark, say an ibanez s320/470, washburn x50 pro, etc. but with the exception of the ibanez, you'd probably want to avoid a trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the look of the Ibanez s320 with the thumb nut to adjust tremlo tension, hmmm tempted with that.
no, the trem isn't very good, and for the same price you could get an rg1570, which is much higher quality, made in japan, with a good trem and a hard case. you're paying for the name with signature guitars, which is fair enough if it's already a quality guitar and you're willing to pay extra to have your favourite guitarist's name on it (e.g. a musicman Luke), but the js100 isn't and there are quality guitars for around the same amount of money. the js100 is little more than a beginner guitar for a pro guitar price- terrible value, in other words.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ahhh oki thanx my price range then its looking more likely the Ibanez S320/470 thanks alot chaps.
Sometimes something either feels right or it feels wrong when you play it. I wouldn't say the Ibanez is a step down but then Ibanez guitars just feel right to me when I play them. The RG370 is quite a bit of guitar for the money but it is true that there have been many concerns expressed about the Edge III trem unit. My own experience of that system is limited but my initial impression is that while it certainly isn't the best they've done, it probably isn't as dire as many like to make out. If it was my money I'd either get the S-320 that I found for £289 or save a little extra and get the S-470 (£327). The 'S' series is a fantastic range of guitars and offer one of the best trem systems you can buy; certainly at that kind of money. For that kind of money there's nothing else I'd rathar have.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Jabbypants
Ahhh oki thanx my price range then its looking more likely the Ibanez S320/470 thanks alot chaps.

sounds like a good decision.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?