So, I'm learning a song that has a bend on the high e string on the 17th fret (a) a whole step to 19 (b)

I can't seem to get it to sound at all correct at all. I can manage bends farther down the fretboard okay, are bends harder on the higher frets?
No they aren't really. In my opinion they are harder on lower frets. Ever tried to bend on the first fret?

well it takes a bit practice to get the right sound of it, but you'll learn it fast. Maybe you should compare the sound with bending, with the sound you want without bending.
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by HeartRaz0r
No they aren't really. In my opinion they are harder on lower frets.

Agreed. For a start make your finger nails as short as you can file them. It might look gay sitting there filing them down but when they are short, you can sue the very tip of your finger, and get a cleaner bend sound out of it.

If it might help for you, some people it doesn't, but raise the neck of your guitar closer to your body. Move your whole arm because you whole arm is stronger than your finger or wrist alone. Another thing, don't worry about breaking a string, because they should be strong enough. Another thing, try not to touch the B string hard enough to make a tapping sound from it.

doesn't make sense? PM me
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Bends get harder the further away from fret 12 you get. Bending at the 24th fret is roughly the same as bending the 5th.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Bends at the higher frets are usualy easier.Use your other fingers for support so you get more strenght to get to the right pitch.
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Don't be afraid to bend right under the B. Just be careful not to pluck it on the way back.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Check yourself. . . checks and balances system wise. When you bend on a fret. . . say 17th fret B string, hold down the freted note on the E string, on the 14th fret, then bend the note up to match it. . . easy solution, then get to where you can do it without the note you are bending up to being held. . .
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Try doing that same bend on the next lower string. The closer to the middle you try to bend, the easier it becomes, because while you're increasing tension at the same rate on any area of the string, the middle of the string is easiest to pull. I consider the 12th - 14th frets to be closest to the middle.
Quote by heroics0ld1er
Try doing that same bend on the next lower string. The closer to the middle you try to bend, the easier it becomes, because while you're increasing tension at the same rate on any area of the string, the middle of the string is easiest to pull. I consider the 12th - 14th frets to be closest to the middle.

The 12th fret is exactly halfway down the scale length of a guitar.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Bend with your ring finger and place you middle and index finger next to it so you are bending with three fingers.....
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.