Allrighty.

Are haste the day a christian metalcore band?:s

The album 'when everything falls' seems to be what brought it to my attention... it'd never occured to me..
well they asked there guitarist to leave because he became atheist

it is part of there message

thats why theres only 4 of them now
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Ah... Id only just read there, I've been listening to them for a while now but never even thought about it... never read much about them.

Haha, ohwell.
They're on Solid State, = Christian record label.

It kinda ruins it when you find out a band you like is religious haha
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
When you tell someone to shut their ****ing mouth for saying something you disagree with you become just as bad as the Christian band that kicks out one of its members for not being Christian.

Also, what does it matter what the band believes? I mean really.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Me2NiK
When you tell someone to shut their ****ing mouth for saying something you disagree with you become just as bad as the Christian band that kicks out one of its members for not being Christian.

Also, what does it matter what the band believes? I mean really.

Because when bands start to become preachy it is offensive to me.

Then again, it really isn't THAT big of a deal. I still love Zao and they were one of the bands who got me into hardcore.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by nz_matt
It kinda ruins it when you find out a band you like is religious haha

Yeah.
Same thing with political music.
so have you guys heard Haste the Day's new songs on their myspace???
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
rofl, "mustang man", little moron.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
I can't accept the idea that a dude would be kicked over religion, heard that and It made me feel pretty ill. Kinda like saying that they respect their belief system more than they respect the years they've spent with the dude or his skill.

I'm betting there was something else behind it.

But that said, there's plenty of metalcore bands I like and have later found out to be christian. Devil Wears Prada, Haste the Day, Norma Jean and Underoath.
there's plenty of metalcore that i find shitty that later i find christian, and my opinion didnt change.
except as i lay dying, they are the only christian metalcore band i like because shadows are security is a good album. none of that devil wears prada crap though
Quote by Bignose
I can't accept the idea that a dude would be kicked over religion, heard that and It made me feel pretty ill. Kinda like saying that they respect their belief system more than they respect the years they've spent with the dude or his skill.

I'm betting there was something else behind it.

But that said, there's plenty of metalcore bands I like and have later found out to be christian. Devil Wears Prada, Haste the Day, Norma Jean and Underoath.

Well to be fair, their lyrics are mostly revolved around christianity so it would probably be really awkward for the dude to be playing with them.
Quote by recklessnick
there's plenty of metalcore that i find shitty that later i find christian, and my opinion didnt change.
except as i lay dying, they are the only christian metalcore band i like because shadows are security is a good album. none of that devil wears prada crap though

No-one should EVER take what you say seriously again.