Just read this in the Tool website:

TOOL & GUITAR HERO

A few minutes ago I found out from the band's management that we're now cleared to announce TOOL's participation with GUITAR HERO. Here's part of the press release:
"Hugely popular alternative metal band Tool, known for their epic, intense musical arrangements and killer visual arts, will also soon be known for their contribution to the upcoming Guitar Hero® World Tour. Guitar Hero fans from all over the world will be able to rock out to "Parabola" and Grammy-award winning "Schism" from Tool's critically-acclaimed 2001 album Lateralus in addition to "Vicarious" from their 2006 Grammy-award winning album 10,000 Days. The game will also feature an all-new venue designed in collaboration with the band and highlighting the art style that has become a staple in their music videos, live shows and album artwork."

BMB

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

What do you guys think? I would've never expected them to actually be in it... but now it makes me wonder, who the f*ck is gonna be able to play those drums!?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Just read this in the Tool website:

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

What do you guys think? I would've never expected them to actually be in it... but now it makes me wonder, who the f*ck is gonna be able to play those drums!?

theres drums in GUITAR hero now aswell??!?!?!
I'm surprised they'd let their music be used for something like Guitar Hero.

I don't mind though, I'd love to try doing the drums.
Quote by Regression
I'm surprised they'd let their music be used for something like Guitar Hero.

I don't mind though, I'd love to try doing the drums.

Same here

And yes, there will be drums in GH4

I'm personally not a big fan of the games but i really enjoy playing them with friends (i have gh 2, 3, and rockband though i only play them when i have friends over).

Oh, and before all those immature users start saying, "pl4y t3h re4lz guitarzorz!!!," i do play guitar... in fact, i bring my acoustic to work almost every day.

Im kinda dissapointed in that they signed for it, but I kinda want it, because of the drums.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
shit
id like like to see kids on utube playin
Schisim, parabola and vicarious
expert 100%on drums
or evan the base line on schisim wuld be cool to watch

actually to play the guitar parts on sum of there songs culd get boring
especially during the early versus
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by Xn00bX
theres drums in GUITAR hero now aswell??!?!?!

Yeah, They're doing it to be able to compete with Rock Band
Keeping it real since '92
I still probably won't get the game, but I'm hoping one of my friends might, so I could try these songs out and see the venue.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
That's actually pretty cool, mostly because I love Tool. GH is great to play with friends who really don't play any instruments haha.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by Mlrc
That's actually pretty cool, mostly because I love Tool. GH is great to play with friends who really don't play any instruments haha.

Lol that's exactly what i think. It frustrates me though that all my friends suck at every "instrument." I'm the only one who can play decently even though they spend more time playing the game. I only play it about once every 2 or 3 weeks now, whereas they did it about 3 times a week.

Quote by Novacane...
I'm the only one that's really disappointed at this then?

Oh no! People making money in the music industry!
What amuses me is that Tool have this anti-corporate attitude, and yet, Tool Backpacks exist.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork