I have a problem with my guitar. When playing a chord and releasing the pressure a bit (to play it staccato or whatever) it goes along with an horrible SQUIEENK. On clean you can hear it pretty much too.
My guitar teacher said that guitarists use a limiter for that. I never heard that term before so I googled a bit and stumbled upon:

Behringer CL9 compressor

I was wondering does a compressor also 'limits'. Will this solve the problem possibly?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
No, it's definitely not an harmonic.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Maybe the action is too low, so when you release your finger, the string is still vibrating and hits the fret?
Quote by AdamDK
the string is still vibrating and hits the fret?

That could be. Can anybody recommend a noise gate that will prevent these noises? I know that some noise gates only prevent feedback and that others only prevent humming etc. So I don't know which one suits me
Quote by razorback91

Quote by 08L1V10N
That could be. Can anybody recommend a noise gate that will prevent these noises? I know that some noise gates only prevent feedback and that others only prevent humming etc. So I don't know which one suits me

Neither a noise gate nor a limiter is going to to anything to fix this, proper technique will.
Quote by whoismilan
Neither a noise gate nor a limiter is going to to anything to fix this, proper technique will.

yeah the incorrect thing to do would be to try to fix this problem with gear
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
It has nothing to do with technique. It has to do with the bridge/string/frets. The combination makes it squeek
Quote by razorback91

Then get your guitar set up properly. You shouldn't have any sort of "horrible" noises coming out of your instrument if it's in good working order and you're playing it right.