Hi there I was wondering if anyone has a japanese Fender and what they thought of it, I really want a fender elec strat but don't really want the Mexican one I hace been offered to buy a Jap 1996 model for £300.00 c/w seymour duncans ...what do you think?
May I add to that... generally (<- keyword) which are better? Mex Strats or MIJ Strats?
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by MonsterOfRock
May I add to that... generally (<- keyword) which are better? Mex Strats or MIJ Strats?

MIJ Fenders are usually better, but that in no way means the MIMs are bad. In fact, some can be better, but overall MIJs are better, but a lot rarer.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
MIJ Fenders are very good, I hear the ones from the 80s are the best quality. I feel 300 for a 96 is a little steep, but still check it out. See if you can find one from the mid 80s, I recently bought one used for $350 and it is an excellent guitar that plays great.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
why thank you for answering my question. I buy most my gears from ishibashi webshop, they got some nice MIJ Strats. If anyone wants to check out, I highly recommend.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
the couple of MIJ fenders i've tried have been far superior to any MIMs i've tried. i'd also take a look at japanese-made tokais, some of them are/were made in the same factory as the MIJ fenders, and they're generally cheaper, and often better too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?