Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
LTD Horizon
21 70%
ESP Mirage
9 30%
Voters: 30.
I narrowed it down to these two guitars, but there's no way I can choose between them. Please help me out.

LTD H1000 Deluxe w/ Duncans

- New, but discontinued a while ago
- Mahogany body and mahogany set neck, FM top
- SD JB/'59 set
- Sperzel locking tuners
- Tone Pros locking bridge
- €750

ESP M-I NTB

- Used, pretty much mint condition
- Alder body and maple neck-thru
- Single EMG81 in the bridge
- Gotoh magnum locking tuners
- Gotoh TOM
- Comes with OHSC
- €850

The ESP is just incredibly cheap, but the LTD has the original design which I really love and is very hard to come by. I don't really have much use for a neck pickup and I really like the ESP's simple layout. I'll probably change the LTD pickups to actives anway. The flame maple top, abalone binding and original Horizon headstock on the other hand are just plain sex. It will be used for anything between like Helmet and "teh br00talz".

*sigh*

What would you choose if you were me?

It pretty much is a beautiful decent Korean guitar versus a kinda bland looking superduper American guitar. I don't care about the neck pickup.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Last edited by Green_Jelly at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by Local666Union
I'd choose the LTD H1000. 2 Pickups> one pickup.

this
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Personally, I'd go for the H1000, I think it would have a lot more versitality. However, if you're sure that the M-1 will cater for all your needs for as long as you intend to keep this guitar, then there's no real reason not to go for that, especially if you're planning to change the pickups in the H1000 anyway (not that I would do that myself). What amp/pedals are you using?
the LTD
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
At the moment an Orange Tiny Terror through an Orange 1 x 12 boosted by a Bad Monkey. I'll still have plenty money left for a decent high gain amp head after buying one of these guitars.
Quote by lizarday
Cool - If you're buying a high gain amp anyway I'm not sure EMGs are really worthwhile... but thats just my opinion.
Something like a Single Recto can definately use some high input IMO.
Quote by lizarday
ESP mirage in my opinion... looks like a faster guitar...
"Lord beer me strength."
The ESP is made in japan, I think. In any case, it's as good as any american guitar.

If you like the simplicity and never use the neck pickup, then it's worth it. However, the LTD is also of amazing quality, and it's cheaper, so in terms of value for money it's the obvious choice.

Think if you really need the excess flash that it comes with. Then decide.
Also, I think the LTD will have a chunkier neck, but I'm not sure.
The LTD. You'll have 2 pickups, and if you ever decide to move onto other genres other than metal, you'll have extra versatility.
Cam Sampbell's my hero