Is their any way of making the bass easier to hear/louder on my computer? Like is their somewhere on the control panel where I can boost the bass or something?

Its on itunes, and can someone post a pic of what the settings should be on so I can hear the bass better.

Also shall I click on bass boost or just click onto eq and do settings from there?
Last edited by NKF176 at Sep 6, 2008,
What audio player are you using?

Itunes= in the bottom right/left corner there should be an icon for an Equaliser. To boost the bass. Start on the left handside and raise the first knob really high, then move on to the next one and push it up too, just not as high. You should have a kind of step effect when you are finished. The middle knob should be zeroed and anything beyond it should be cut
yeah its Itunes, but jimmy, can you run me through that again I didn't quite understand.
Quote by NKF176
yeah its Itunes, but jimmy, can you run me through that again I didn't quite understand.
Jimmy signed off so I'll help you

Step 1: On the menu bar of iTunes click "View", then "Show Equalizer".

Step 2: From the left, boost the first frequency

Step 3: From the left, boost the second and third frequencies

Step 4: Leave everything else flat, but cut some of the high frequencies
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Quote by FenderAmpeg93

Step 4: Leave everything else flat, but cut some of the high frequencies

Sorry but what do you mean by flat, and cut off some of the high frequencies? Sorry, I' ma complete retard at this.. Thanks for helping me out
When I click on the equaliser, I click on bass boost, but when I change the arrow thingies it changes from bass boost to manual...
Ok I'm really confused now... by boost you mean higest or one notch higher?
first off, use the edit button next time, please. pet peeve, lol.

I never really messed with the EQ, I usually grab a pick, move the thing closer to my amp, stuff like that.

boost is not all the way. and it should say manual once you start messing with it. ok?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Okay, I know I've said this before, but can someone show me a pic of hor ur meant to have the controls stated above?

And sorry about the posts...
it's fine.

and as long as it is like this \ then _ then \, you should be fine. it doesn't need to be in an exact place.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

iTunes has a good EQ for boosting the bass. Go to the EQ, and select the preset "Loudness".

Easy as pie.
ummm...
---
    ----
          ----------------
                               -----------

something like that.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

If you do not know how to listen to what your equalizing, and if you don't know what each does, there is almost no chance for you to get a really good sound from messing with it. It would take a whole page of writing to explain, google it.
On Tormented's suggestion, I would listen to bass driven songs to get a feel for the instrument

that might help in the EQ'ing process.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Turn down the bass on your EQ settings. If the bass is cranked, everything may sound bassier and make it hard to pick out the actual bass.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
If you've got a subwoofer and speakers, unplug the speakers and just have the subwoofer playing.

Look at tabs for the songs so you know what the bass is doing (guitar pro is amazing for this).
Quote by Samzawadi
If you've got a subwoofer and speakers, unplug the speakers and just have the subwoofer playing.

No.

That will kill most of any sound that your trying to actually hear.

I do not know specifically what your trying to do, but this suggestion most certainly will not do anything positive.
Quote by TormentedRx
No.

That will kill most of any sound that your trying to actually hear.

I do not know specifically what your trying to do, but this suggestion most certainly will not do anything positive.

I've always found it quite handy if I just want to listen to a bassline from a song in order to learn it. Admittedly, everything else sounds like it's under water, but hey. It takes all the distractions away.
if you have vista then piss about with the audio setting (look for a reed speaker symbol rather than white) and look for a kareoke mode button which almost completely cuts out the singing, making it easier to uncover the bass in badly mixed songs.

I hate it when bands bury the bass.