Hello, I'm looking for a new guitar because I currently have one of those beginner packages and it's really awful, I'm having a real hard time picking a guitar but I've come to the conclusion that it would most likely be an Ibanez branded guitar. However, I have no experience whatsoever when it comes to guitar specs, and I am afraid that I might buy a guitar that completely does not suite my style. That's why I'm asking for your help.

My budget is around 500 USD, but anything lower then that is fine too, cause that'd leave me some room to upgrade it or buy some accessories. But, since I have little to no experience when it comes to specs, I also wouldn't know which pickups are good, which strings are good for the style that I play.

I play classic rock to metal, I'm looking for a guitar that has that rough metal sound, as in Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, All That Remains, but also Metallica, Iron Maiden, Coheed and Cambria, Black Sabbath, Megadeth.

I was looking at the following models by Ibanez:
GAX-30
GRG170DX
RG320FM
RGR320EX
(mainly because it looks awesome, but I don't know if it sounds awesome too.)

But I wouldn't know if these guitars are good for the style that I play, next to that I want the guitar to be easily playable, because my guitar is very hard to play ( have to press the strings down really hard ) and a lot of fret buzz also makes playing nearly impossible.

I also wonder which strings are good for this style. Unless the stock ones are good enough.

Thank you for your time to read this forum post and I hope that you guys can help me.
The Gax-30 is crap...
My friend has is and it's just a piece of crap
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
im gonna suggest you stick with what you have now until you get better. (im just guessing you haven't been playing long)
Send me off to bed forevermore.
I've been playing for 3 months, and this guitar limits me very much, because when I play on my friends guitar it feels much better and much easier. So I've decided that I want a new guitar, because playing on my current guitar is awful and it slows me down in the process of learning.

It's a Behringer V-tone or something I think, and my friends guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul, but I prefer the sound from an Ibanez.
Last edited by Detoxicator at Sep 6, 2008,
Buy an Epiphone Les Paul 100 , i have one and its great!
i got it for 300 euro...they're about 300 USD on zzsounds...
Go to your local guitar store and check it out
Also room for upgrades like pickups and hardware
stay away from the ibanez models with the 'g' in front because those wont be much of an upgrade from your current guitar... i'd say stay away from floating trems also... so i'd suggest maybe an rg321, or rgr421exfm or maybe an sz320. (assuming u want to stick with ibanez)
im not sure if you said so but what amp do you have it might be better to get a new amp and for strings its not a one time but thing you have to exchange them not sure if you know that but from your post it didnt seem that you knew that
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
RG321MH

/Thread
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by alternitivebass
im not sure if you said so but what amp do you have it might be better to get a new amp and for strings its not a one time but thing you have to exchange them not sure if you know that but from your post it didnt seem that you knew that

I'm going to get a new amp too, but I've already decided that's going to be either a Pod 2.0 or an X3 Live depending on my budget.

I'll look into the suggested guitar, thanks everyone for your assistance!
Quote by Detoxicator
I'm going to get a new amp too, but I've already decided that's going to be either a Pod 2.0 or an X3 Live depending on my budget.

I'll look into the suggested guitar, thanks everyone for your assistance!

?

You need a new AMP, buying an FX box to stick in front of whatever piece of junk you have at the moment won't solve anything. Split your budget between guitar and amp, spend around half on each....something like the aforementioned RG321MH and a Roland Cube 30X.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
?

You need a new AMP, buying an FX box to stick in front of whatever piece of junk you have at the moment won't solve anything. Split your budget between guitar and amp, spend around half on each....something like the aforementioned RG321MH and a Roland Cube 30X.

Oh, yeah sorry for not being clear, I will let my speakers take care of the sound, I have studio monitors which provide great quality sound, and I like to create songs, so I thought having this FX box linked to my monitors would be sufficient.

If not, let me know because that way I can see if I'm able to get that Roland Cube 30X.
I think I'm still going to go for the RG321MH, saw some good reviews about it which convinced me to buy it.