Well, we have a show in October set up at my old school for a festival they have every year. I have a few questions.

-Amp Placement. I'm using a half-stack while our bassist and other guitarist are using combos. Where should we place them for the best kind of sound?

-Stage Presence. How should we practice the fluidity of our movements on stage without making them seem robotic?

-Crowd Banter. Any specific tips for talking to the audience? I've been known to be pretty shy, so lately, I've been practicing talking to people I'm not familiar with or adults.

-Overall Confidence. It's not that we're not confident, but since it's our first gig, we're sure to feel some qualms about the gig as it comes near. Tips?

Thanks a bunch, guys.

Signature
your halfstack will be fine but if your playing on the ground or a low stage you need to set the combos up on boxes or something. just something to get them up off the ground so you can hear them better.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

First and foremost, practice every song like your life depends on it.
Be able to play them blindfolded with one hand tied behind your back while jackhammering your grandmother, THEN move onto looking good.

Does the school have a PA system to mic up to?
Half stack will be fine where ever you play, you most likely wont have to mike it. Just practice the hell out of your songs and then think about stage presence. No one wants to see a band that moves a lot but can't even play their own stuff.
Quote by 742627000017
Crowd Banter : say some good jokes,if the people like you go something like "AAAAAAAAAAAA" and then the crowd "AAAAAAAAAAA"

What?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
What?

Where the singer goes 'aaaaaaaah' into the mic, then the audience repeats it.

If you've been to any big arena gigs chances are one of the guitarists will have done the same thing, ie; he plays a line on the guitar and the audience sings it back.